• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

getting pains *updated*

trixipaws

Reaction score
ok i'v had dull ache like period pain today, but since maybe about 6 or 7 its been getting 'peaks'. although i wouldnt say they were that painful, so i dont wanna get my hopes up in case its nothing.

my mums panicky coz she said thats what her first labour (with me) was like, it started on friday morning and she had me at 4am saturday morning; and she only thought it was really painful the last 2 hours. she's convinced i am in labour, lol!

i'd love it to be the case (i really want this baby out now!) but i'm doubtful- because i'd expect the pain to be much worse than this (its only like bad period pains when it peaks) and its not 100% regular. i'v written the times on my arm (since 10 to 10) lol here they are what do u think some are 5 mins but some are 10 or 16!?
(thats the time now i dont kno if its set right!)

i'm booked 4 home birth and i dont wanna call the MW out if its nothing i'll feel stupid.

its hard to say hun.
it looks good though.
how have your sympotoms been over the past few days?
i didnt get any symptoms until i had my bloody show at 8pm on the thursday and had Evie at 4.20am on the Friday.

If it is labour you'll know soon enough, the pains will prgrssivly get stronger and more unbearable (to the point where you probably wont be able to speak during them) and obviously closer together and longer.
maybe you should just give your MW a call so she can prepare just in case it is it, you dontwant to be caught short at the last minute.
lets hope this is it :cheer:

edit: forgot to ask how long they are lasting for?

Sounds like it could mean things are moving in the right direction hun, I wouldn't be surprised if she made a show before the weekend is through! I hope you have a text buddy sorted :D

As L*R said above, they'll become more regular and stronger if it is labour, maybe give your MW a heads up in case, best to forewarn her and not need her (think of yourself not her - she'll be used to mums ringing her at all hours for home births so don't worry about the time so much :hug: )

Hi

Sounds promising hun!!
Phone mw if your getting too uncomfy and dont forget to keep us updated hope you get to hold your LO before the weekend is up
Katrinaxx

Sounds promising....fingers crossed for you :hug:

My first labour started out with uncomfortable pains that came between every 2 and 15 monutes - I was due to be induced so I went into hospital anyway, but for me these pains were just the build up to the proper contractions!

The times seem almost identical to what mine where!

Hope its news youve been waiting for trixipaws hun..

thinking of you today! :hug:

oooooooh lets hope this is it for you :hug: :hug:
GOD LUCK HUN!!! :D

morning ladies, thanx 4 ur advice!

it went on like that until about 1am when we decided to go to bed, i thought i'd see if i could sleep thru it. i got a couple of pains and they stopped me from sleeping, i thought my boyf was being super-sensitive because he stroked me and asked how i was each time i felt one, but it turns out that apparently he knew because i was whimpering! :lol:
he said that if they were making me whimper i should call the hosp, so i did and they sent the on-call MW's out to check me.

they got here about 3am, checked LO's HB then did an internal- it was VERY early on she said, i wasnt even dilated, but she said my cervix was 'effaced'(sp?) and the pains i was getting were probably 'effacing' pains. felt relieved and reassured that LO was ok n everything but bad for calling them out at such a late hour! they suggested i take paracetamol, hav a bath n try to sleep, so i took some pills (they didnt work :roll: i still felt the pains but DID manage to sleep tho) and now i'm running a bath- they gonna send someone out to check me sometime today so wanna be able to say i'v done all the things they told me to do. t was probably annoying to be called out for a person not ready for MW's yet but who hasnt followed the paracetamol advice coz she thinks they're rubbish! lol

anyway i'll potter around, hope it progresses into labour, when it does i'll txt leanne and she'll let everyone kno!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: sounds really promising doesnt it hun..

hope you have your lo by the end of the weekend... :hug:

sounding promising!! :D

Don't feel guilty for ringing the midwife babe, it is what they get paid for (and what we pay our taxes for!).... if it wasn't you ringing during the night it would have been someone else :hug:

Hi

I agree thats what they are their for sounds like your body is ready though ... any time now
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back