Getting kicked to bits!

SarahH

Reaction score
Hey all!

Just a note to see if you are all getting kicked to bits by your little one. I have had little cute kicks and prods for weeks now but on Sat night I had my first KICK! Woah! It's sooo wierd! I keep trying to explain the feeling to my husband and they only way I can is to say it's kinda like being next to a big band when the guy with the drum bangs it as hard as he possibly could and the vibration goes right through you!!

It was so funny on Sat night when it happened as we were out at a party and according to my friend my face changed from happy enjoying myself to "oh my god what the hell" in a split second! It's so strange... loely but strange.

Well since Sat night I am getting this about 5 or 6 times a day and another couple of times through the night.

Amazing isn't it!

S. xx

OOOH must be lovely... how far gone are you Sarah???

I have only just found heartbeat with Doppler so am very much looking forward to actually feeling something too!!

How exciting for you.. and reassuring too!!
xx

I love feeling the kicks but you wait, they hurt soon! My baby seems to have both hands and feet out at once and pushes four directions at once! It is really painful and my bump looks deformed! But everytime it happens i still have to think 'ahhhh' it just melts my heart (even at 3 in the morning!)

:D Enjoy the feeling, its precious!

i am sooo looking forward to feeling the first kick... how far are you? and is this your first pregnancy? must be an amazing feeling...

x

Awww thanks. It is wonderful. I first started getting little prods at about 18wks but I'm now 21wks and it's defo kicks!!

This is my first baby so everything is so exciting!!

S. xx

So not long for you to wait Hayley.. you will be feeling your chick flapping about in there soon!! :wink: :wink:

I will just keep on with my doppler for another few weeks... the amount of chocolate I am eating my little Bod is probably doing cartwheels and somersaults all day long...

WOW ....

Thats so cute ... For the past 48hours i've been feeling a sensation of what can only be described as bubbles or ripples in my tummy...

My SIL says thats the baby moving around ... to be honest i just thought it was trapped wind .. :oops:

Knowing my luck .... proberly is lol!!!

Ahh, I know the feeling, it's lovely.

I've felt my little one moving since about 14.5 weeks, they are defo getting stronger.

I've read that you might confuse it with trapped wind but I have to say, the movements didn't feel anything like wind to me, even when I first started to feel them.

Their more like flutterings to start with, as the weeks go by they get stronger.

My little bean doesn't stop moving it seems, it is really reassuring.

My midwife said it won't be until 6 months or so before my DH will be able to feel them but we shall see, with some of these movements I'm sure he'd be able to feel them now. Once I put my hand on my stomach, they stop!

wish i could feel them.... have you got to really concentrate and look out for them???? i shoud be feeling something by now... when i went for my scan the midwife said the baby was very still.... she tried to get it move but it kept putting its hand up as if to say "P*** off - leave me alone" maybe i've got a lazy baby!!!!! might like sleeping! sounds good to me....

x

Lol ....

Hayley i'd love a placid baby, sounds like you have!!! Mine didn't wriggle around much when i had my scan ...

When i first saw it, it put it's arms up as if to say i want a cuddle! ... then proceeded to lay back with one hand behind it's head and the other in it's mouth ...

Apparently ... living in my womb is like lying on a lazy-boy LOL!!!!

Lets just hope they stay like that when they finally arrive!!! :D

awwwww those first movements are fab :D
imi those bubbles you are feeling are probably the baby moving thats what i felt at about 14 and half weeks they soon turned into more xxxx

i'm sitting on the couch waiting for my first kick.... nothing!!!! i can see myself pinching this baby to wake it up when it comes... or maybe not!

Suppose i shoud enjoy the calm before the storm

x

The books all say you won't feel anything with your first baby until weeks 18 onwards but everybodys different. I felt my first fetal movements very early and so did a friend of mine.

They'll only feel like flutterings to start with but they were very distinctive to me. My sister didn't feel her first movements until she was 22 weeks.

As Rach says, it will be anyday now for you, it's lovely. They won't stop once they start.

the last 3 consecutive nites i've felt something like a trapped nerve or a pulse... it's just under my bra strap at the centre front.... i first thought it was my pulse pulsing quite heavily... but then the next nite i felt it again... for about 6 pulses.. but then again last nite when i relaxed in bed it came again.... i asked DH to feel - he couldn't feel anythng but i could definately feel this ticking/pulsing thing....

where would i feel a kick? i thought it would be low down! could it be as high up as my bra strap (not shoulder strap - he he) just under my boobs!

x

Hiya hayley ....

If the baby is turning it could be its head/food under you diraphram .... Very uncomfortable so im told ...

Mines been just under my rib cage an my right hand side ... my SIL says it's babys head/foot moving around .... and it hurts like hell ... really sore!!!

If the baby is doing summer salts then you will be able to feel the foot or whatever under your bra strap ... lucky you ... you get that now and when the head is engaged!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back