Getting Henry weighed again today

i do, im persevereing. had her on one breast for 5 or 10 mins before, dont think she was getting much but she was sucking and not getting angry at it. she at least got some comfort from latching on and it was not unbearably painful. gave her the expressed milk for lunch just now and i'll try her on the boob when she wants her next feed then express again afterwards. oh the joys huh my life now revolves around my boobs. must be what its like to think like a man lol.

on a lighter note shes pooped twice now, last night and this morning so thats a huge relief

Well done Larllybelle and Bev.....early days bf are so hard and working out how to do it for both U and baby can be a struggle. Deffo persevere....we r now 12 weekend of bf and its straightforward and pain free. I think our nips and boobs take some time to de-sensitise and adjust! Good work on feeding your babies xxx

Have you tried a nipple shield bev? I have to use one cos I have small nipples. Lol. Massive boobs though lol. She just couldn't latch so used a Medela shield and have never looked back. She is now very used to it and had no problem feeding now xxx

i got some boots ones, theyre either crap or i cant work them lol. my nips are huuuge and dont fit in the sheild well and when she latches with them it still hurts. im gonna keep trying them tho

The boots ones are crap. I got the Medela ones off amazon. You can pick size. They have a good flow too so they don't get frustrated. Xx

The boots ones r pants.

I don't get the sizing of the medela ones tho :confused:

its the size of your nipple...he he...so you measure your actual nipple and then order the size in mm to match......know what i mean? so for example if your nipple is about 20mm wide, there's a 20mm one...there is a smaller one too anf bigger ones...

i have been using a 20mm one that the hospital gave me but have ordered a 16mm one cos my nips are tiny..lol the 20mm works fine though, but thought the 16mm one may be even better x

So u measure ur erect nip??? I've got really little nips but Henry latches really well. Wanted some for the painful days! Lol !

The boots one r really rubbish, they r so long and just crinkled up and covered Henry's nose so he couldn't breathe :/

Its def worth trying different types. i started with TT ones, which kinda hurt sometimes - but i also have avent ones that have a bigger teat - they hurt less but i tend to leak a bit from them for some reason - but obviously different brands are different shapesand sizes. xxx

exactly my problem with them. stupid things. i guess i shall have to measure my nips and buy those when i get paid lol. think im making some progress tho, just fed Lyssa from both boobs for bout ten 15 mins each n it dosent feel like im being stabbed!

The first week or 2 they're so sleepy and hungry all at the same time I wouldn't worry they're unwell or not getting enough just because they're sleepy honestly sounds like everyone doing fab one way or another

ah i was worried when she was just sleepy as she wasnt waking up for feeds, just sleeping and then falling asleep on the boob after a min or 2
shes much better now shes getting top ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back