Getting BFNs but 'just knowing' ...?

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies! :wave:

As you all know, I'm on CD80 today and still no AF, I've tested twice but had BFNs.

Last cycle I would get pretty upset at a BFN cos I think I knew deep down it was true. I may well be clutching at straws but with these two BFNs.. I felt completely different. I didn't get upset or anything, I felt totally fine and actually a bit surprised cos I'd had that "pregnant" feeling for a while.

It could just be all in my head and due to my cycle going past the 66 day mark but I can't help feeling that this is it.

The other difference is that last cycle I was very keen to get OPKs and this time I don't feel like I'm going to need them. :eh:

Also, I had a tiny bleed earlier in my cycle which I commented on here looked like AF... But I didn't get upset like I did last cycle and I think deep down, I knew it wasn't the witch. :confused:

I can't quite put my finger on it but I just feel different and I'm struggling to trust my instinct cos I'd feel like a mega pleb if AF catches me. :(

Hubby AND my mum are convinced I'm pregnant which is another u-turn cos last cycle hubby wouldn't even have an opinion and my mum was adamant I wasn't pregnant and I wasn't.

I know I need to get an actual positive or some kind of confirmation and we're hopefully going to the docs on Wednesday so FX they will do a blood test as they refused last time. :wall:

Think I need a slap. :( Has anyone else got BFNs but knew there was something different?? x x

Last edited:
Don't be silly my lovely, alot of girls just know that they are pregnant, like you can't put their finger on what it is but just know

I've got everything crossed for you & think your doctors trip will have you pleasantly surprised

xxx

aww i have everything crossed for you hun

Cant help you as i never felt that last time, had no clue. You see women saying all the time that they just know when they are pregnant though. cant believe you are CD80! hope you get some answers at the doctor this week.

Thanks Kezza - I really hope so, it's been a looooong cycle and I just want to know which outcome we're expecting. Never known my hubby to feel so positive about it being a BFP, normally he's got nothing to say cos he's too worried it'll be wrong but this time he's totally different. Hmm... x x

Thanks Nurse, hopefully we will, they wouldn't let us have a blood test done when we went last time so hoping hubby can really put his point across and get them to order one for us. x x

I really hope this is your BFP chick! You sure do deserve it xx

With my daughter i KNEW i was pregnant even though i kinda convinced myself i wasnt! if you have that gut feeling you are maybe you are.. and i soo hopeyou are u really deserve it :) hopefully the doctors will tell you whats going on :)

FX HUNNY! <3
X

Aww Miss J, CD80 is such a long cycle you must be going crazy!! :shock:

I see no reason that the Docs won't give you a blood test as you are now 2 weeks late, also give it another week, and that would make you 7 weeks and at 7 weeks a lil bean would show up on a scan.

When you go to the Docs they might do 2 blood tests 2 days apart because even if the HCG is low it should still rise by double every 2 days.

And you're not crazy to feel pregnant, lots of girls get this.

Hope you get some answers soon Hun!

I'm praying for your :bfp:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

xx

Thanks ladies. :hugs:

Becki - That's exactly what it's like, I feel like in the back of my mind I "know" (hate to say it incase I'm wrong!) but because I've had two BFNs it's hard to believe or put faith in what I'm feeling. :( x x

Thanks Maybe, this is the doc who said he would refer us for a scan at our last appointment - we never got referred!! :strangle: Hubby intends to really give the doc a kick up the backside cos so far he's been so unhelpful! Will update on the docs when I can. :) x x

Yep it's well worth kicking the Docs ass lol!!

I'm a bit of a fan of that at the mo!!

I will keep checking how you're doing, good luck!

xx

Last edited:
Lol! My doc was actually pretty weird. He didn't say a word to me the whole time I was there, just spoke to my hubby like it was a general conversation he didn't even write notes or anything. :wall:

x x

I know this is mega long but thought I should copy my journal entry - it's my latest update and is more detailed..

Hey ladies, just another update for you all, I'm SO chuffed to be back!!! Hubby's gone back to work ( :cry: ) and my toe is still broken so I'm pretty limited in what I can do so I am confined to PF for the day... Not that I mind! :wink:

CD80 today and still no sign of her!! :yay: Seem to be having some kind of discharge which is only there when I wipe, its a creamy/yellow colour. No idea if that's good or bad??

My tummy is probably the biggest alarm bell for my hubby and my mum in that it's still very rounded and it was very noticeable in some photos from my birthday! I'm terrified that if it's not little bean, I've obviously put on some weight but my mum and hubby don't agree - they think I've lost weight.... :confused:

Laying on my stomach was v. uncomfortable last night, felt like there was something inside that was poking through so I ended up in one position all night. :rolleyes:

I've come out in a few spots too but not sure that actually means anything to be honest. Oh and my nipples seem a bit sensitive/sore but not taking much notice cos it's not too bad. I am definitely feeling more tired than usual, falling asleep during the day/early evening then as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm gone! I normally struggle to fall asleep so it's another thing that's different!

I've also been uber emotional, crying at the drop of a hat, I was in tears cos we couldn't make a decision about something, then I cried cos I couldn't finish my dinner cos I was too bloated and then I cried yesterday when I heard my niece say DaDa for the first time (first time I'd heard her) so it's just another tick in the box for my hubby!!

I'm trying to stay positive and upbeat - after all, AF isn't here, but I feel like I'm constantly looking over my shoulder for her! :wall:

We haven't tested since last week, it's the one thing that's making me question everything but hubby thinks we're pregnant. I'm just so worried AF is going to turn up and next cycle would be even harder! So please, please, PLEASE let it be a little bean. :pray:

Hubby is going to try and book us an appointment at the doctors this week but last time we went to the docs, I got caught by AF the next day so I'm feeling a bit wary lol. Sod's law and all that. :wink:

x x

Really hope this is it for you hun, I do believe that you can 'just know'. Good luck at the docs xxx

Hey Miss July

I've had that pregnant feeling too, twice in my life - 1st time was when I was pregnant with my little girl second was a couple of weeks ago. I had EVERY pregnancy symptom, for months and i've not had a period since Nov (still)

My OH was devastated when the BFN's kept coming. I even had a tiny bump on my stomach, and coz ive been through it before,I was utterly convinced. Even though we weren't ttc I was still gutted. My MIL is psychic (apparently) and she had a very strong feeling i was pregnant.

After going through that heartache i will never again tell myself i'm pregnant, unless I get a BFP because period/ov symptoms are almost identical to pregnancy, and that episode scared the life outta me coz ive never had totm/ov symptoms like that...ever.

In saying that, i suppose there's chance u could be pregnant. Hold tight, time will tell.

:)

I'm doing better at being level headed than my hubby is but I just can't shake that feeling. If it's not my BFP I will be looking into Agnus Castus for next cycle but I really can't bring myself to think about next cycle cos it feels like there won't be one. Of course I'm aware I could be totally wrong... :wall: x x

Hey hun

I have been in the exact same position, and have done so much research. I am now 24 days late, I have done several pregnancy tests, have had blood tests and urine tests at A&E and in external and internal scan. Nothing! I think maybe just a cycle without ovulation. I really thought I was pregnant, but obviously not.

whats your update? x

Wow hun, 24 days! You must be going crazy. :( Nothing to add here really, have just reminded hubby about going to the doctors so will know soon when we're going. :)

x x

good luck hunny. going out of my mind? yes I have really been, but I'm sort of ok. I have really bad period pain and lots of discharge. I just want to focus on getting healthy and I really want my period to come! So that I can get back to normal then TTC again.

Good luck, keep us updated xxx

I know what you mean, I just want an answer one way or another so I can get cracking with planning whichever way I'm going.

Will do. :)

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back