gestational diabetes

cmah

Reaction score
just found out im pregnant with number 2 and we are over the moon, number one i ended up having gestational diabetes found out at 26 weeks, do i have to do anything different this time?
will i be consultant lead ?
any advice would be appreciated
thanks
xx

Hi, Congratulations!
Re GD I didn’t have it with my 1st but did with my 2nd. I’m now 19wks pregnant with number 3 and at 15wks they said because I had GD before, chances are I have it again and they will assume I do. I was instantly classed as High Risk, consultant led, and given a testing kit to test bloods 3 times a day for the rest of the pregnancy - regardless. It’s such a faff testing 3 times a day but on the plus side I get 3 extra scans checking baby’s growth. So yes, unless it’s different in different areas then they will treat you as a GD patient from the start. Hope that helps:)

Hi, Congratulations!
Re GD I didn’t have it with my 1st but did with my 2nd. I’m now 19wks pregnant with number 3 and at 15wks they said because I had GD before, chances are I have it again and they will assume I do. I was instantly classed as High Risk, consultant led, and given a testing kit to test bloods 3 times a day for the rest of the pregnancy - regardless. It’s such a faff testing 3 times a day but on the plus side I get 3 extra scans checking baby’s growth. So yes, unless it’s different in different areas then they will treat you as a GD patient from the start. Hope that helps:)
thank you so much for replying , secretly i loves the extra scans too because i have had previous mc, but its good.to know they are doing it from the start, I had a growth scan every 2 weeks when I found out i had it and had to get the insulin injections too, thank you again for replying xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back