Had booking in appointment!

heidi-hi

Reaction score
Had the appointment today, all went well! So thanks to those who gave me advice on the questions! She took bloods, urine an asked about history. Also she said I'm 10+1 not 10 like I thought! Only 1 day but...

Oh yeah... I have to wait for an appointment for gestational diabetes test where I have to drink a sugary drink because my mum had this kind of diabetes when she was pregnant with me!

Apart from that all is well! And scan 2 weeks today too woo hoo! Xxx

Hey hun I have gest diabetes :S isn't much fun ...

Glad everything went well with midwife. Mine was a long one as partner was throwing up lol. (think he had morning sickness for me that day) was well funny him darting out of room to chuck up x

If you have gest diabetes you just have more scans and more check ups regulary at the clinic/hospital. I'm now on my forth scan :S (7th Dec) Can't wait x

Glad it went well. I am having the test for gestational diabetes too, because I am overweight it increases the risk - I think they do it at about 24 weeks, that's when mine is which is Jan 4th. Your due date might change again when baby is measured at your scan, they bought me forward 2 days which was cool...like you say, not much but it always makes you happy :)

Sorry im so late replying! OH only home on weekends and this one was a busy one with xmas shopping!

Im classed as overweight too, and even though she said we are gonna do the test purely because my mum had it i think it has a bit to do with the weight thing... Think she was just trying to be polite! Haha. Nice lady! Although she told me yesterday she is pregnant too, due a few weeks before me so warned me when her mat leave starts i will have another lady, just hope shes as polite!

Im just glad that they are gonna do the test for it then at least i know! Yeah i think midwife said it wouldnt be for a while yet and they will be able to get in touch with an appointment after scan incase dates change!

Oh yeah also decided against the downs syndrome test, to be honest whatever the outcome i would never terminate so i dont see the point of the test coz i know it would worry me more! Thanks, for the replies! Glad there is others who in the same situation and who if i do have it can give advice! Thanks xxxx

Last edited:
Glad everythin went well i had the test too wasnt too bad and forced me to sit down and relax for once x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back