Gestational Diabetes

Bob

Reaction score
Just been to see midwife and she found glucose in my water sample, thinks it may be gestational diabetes. :cry:

Anybody else have this - not sure what i should be doing until it's confirmed. :(

x

I've had two blood tests the first was clear but I don't know about the second. I asked my midwife what it would mean and she said I'd have to cut out all sugar!! She said fruit was ok and they'd have to moniter the baby because they can gain weight too rapidly. I think if you have it then they will moniter you regukarly and you will have to be strict with your diet which is a bummer but you'd probably be glad of it after the birth anyway!

I'm sure you could find out more info on the net. Anyway I hope it was false alarm, sugar can show in your wee iof you have recently eaten something sweet whether you have diabetes or not :)

Thanks Skatty.

It is quite worrying as at my last scan they said baby was sligtly larger than normal. :shock:

damn... no more chocolate! :cry:

Hope your second test is clear hun.

x :hug:

Thanks! i was also told my baby feels large but I would have thought if I tested positive for diabetes they'd have been in touch. I see her again next Friday. I'm sweets mad so I hope I'm not :lol:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Skatty, let me know when you get the results. :pray:

You're right though - they would have been in touch with you by now if you were poitive.

Eating is about the only enjoyment we have left - It's not fair that we may have limitations on that too!

:rotfl:

x

Too right! Chocolate never tasted so good as now I'm pregnant :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back