• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

gestational diabetes, symptoms!

hennaly

Reaction score
I have recently started to feel really ill at times and get the shakes bad, my urine is very orangy yellow but if i eat something sweet the shakes go straight away, my mum was diabetic and im wondering if these are possible symptoms of this or am i just being silly?

thanks for that i have also done a google search on it and it appears you can be tested from 13 weeks so i will talk to midwife tomorrow and see what she says.

I didn't have any symptoms (didm't have any risk factores either like being overweight)... however, I remember getting dizzy and light headed if I didn't eat for more than 4 hours, if thats any help :)

I had gestational diabetes which kicked in around month 6-7 of my pregnancy..I personally didn't have any symptoms..i think i was too ill with every other pregnancy symptom under the sun to notice! A routine GTT test (carried out because of my BMI) showed I had the condition.

I think baby Jacob suffered more than I did :( ....in terms of larger than average weight and his blood sugar being low for the two days after birth (he was quite jittery - that was a symptom). He was born at 38 weeks weighing 8lbs 5oz. If I had gone full term or had not been on insulin in the last months of my pregnancy, I dread to think what weight he would have been...10lb? 11lb? ouch lol.

Hennaly - good luck with it all..hope you don't have the condition (best get it all checked out)..but if you do, it can be controlled with the right medication and hopefully goes away as soon as you give birth (mine did).

Removed due to deciding too personal for public viewing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back