GBS

Becks&Riley

Reaction score
My mum started going on about this this morning lol and said nhs tests are no good so its best to get a private one that costs only £32 and done between 35-37 weeks and u just send off swabs
shes going on about how im having it I never thought there could be so many things going on :shock:

it was on ITV this morning. I did pay the money to get myself tested and it came out positive. midwife wasnt very happy! alot of people are against it which i cannot understand why. If you feel uncertain do it..its your baby not any one elses

why was the midwife unhappy roxanne? :think:

Yeah, Roxanne - what did your midwife say?
I've just sent off my swabs. How long did you have to wait for the results?

Well she said that 30 percent of women have it and most babies are not infected. she also said that if we start testing for everything then we will go crazy cos there are alot of bacterias out there she mentioned herpes ( which i dont know what it is ). she said that in the beginning of my pregnancy they tested my urine for GBS and it came out negative ( which i do not believe ). i waited five working days for my results but i received it via sms which was good.

I'm going to do it lol better to be safe than sorry i reckon ahah

sorry - but what is GBS ????????????? :think: :think: :think:

spent ages trying to work it out and just can't do it - :rotfl:

Hiya, you can test negative and then a subsequent test become positive because it depends if the bacteria is active or not, so you may well have tested negative at the begining of your pregnancy, similarly you could do another swab test before your due date and it could come back negative!

EllieG said:
Hiya, you can test negative and then a subsequent test become positive because it depends if the bacteria is active or not, so you may well have tested negative at the begining of your pregnancy, similarly you could do another swab test before your due date and it could come back negative!

you're spot on ther.
my midwife refused to test me as she said women would have to be tested everyday as the test will be different everyday ie negative 1 day then positive, then negative again :?
i would deffo do a private test, but i didn't know about these when i was having Louie. babies can at the very worst die from this, so all you pregnant ladies, go for the test if you are atall worried & stuff the NHS!!

Yeh I means whats £32 to your babies life!!
I sent off for my kit yesterday

Yes you are absolutely right, you can be negative one day and positive the other. Midwives arent very supportive about it either, which i cant get my head round to it. Mine said that ive tested negative in the beginning.

do you do the swab yourself on these kits?

you have to wait until youre thirty five weeks..GOOD LUCK! Im sure everything will be okay even if just in case youre infected like me!

Even if you are infected you get antibotics to make it right dont you?

yeah you do , you will have intravenous antibiotics every four hours or so during labour. if you have a fast labour then the baby will be given the antibiotics immediately after its born

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back