Gap Maternity

moss

Reaction score
Has anyone checked it out? One of the Gaps in Edinburgh has just started to carry maternity stuff but I haven't had the chance to go down there yet. It's hard to find decent maternity things in Dundee, and the Gap website has night bras. It would be great if the Edinburgh store has them. I can't buy clothes online. They never fit.

I love my Gap Maternity clothes! I was so excited when I went in to the store in Edinburgh and they were there!

I've got jeans that are really comfy. They have the giant elastic type bit which I used to fold down but now I pull up.

I got a number of vests with inbuilt support as I gave up on wearing bras that fit - I needed a new size every month :roll:

I got a lovely dress for work too :D And a plain top

They have cardigans, jackets and some other things too. It isn't a massive section (though it was brand new when I went so may have expanded since) but it ticked all the right boxes for me :D I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "I look normal!" as I normally wear a lot of Gap clothes and although maternity stuff was fun for a few months, it's nice to get back to what looks and feels normal :)

I bought loads of things and took back what I chnged my mind about to the store here.

Oh I went to Gap Maternity at the weekend (not Edinborough) and they had a mid season sale on and some of the stuff was a great price. I got a lovely navy polka dot dress for 9.99.

They're really good as kalia said for jeans and things like cargo pants and casual things without looking rubbish. They have some pretty summer tops aswell.

Alex xxx

Thanks, that sounds promising! Definitely worth a trip down, then! I have a lot of Gap clothes as well and a lot of my things are pretty plain like Gap stuff. All of the maternity things I can find here are very cheap and HUGE prints.... I almost feel like I am dressing like I plan to dress the baby! Okay, it isn't as bad as that but it is very difficult to find anything. I am looking forward to heading off to Edinburgh then! :D

It's the one closest to the Frasers end of Princes Street, the opposite end from Waverley - I think it is between Castle Street and Frederick Street :think: You could call to see if any of the other branches do maternity now.

Gap clothes when not pregnant never fit me anyways. They do tiny sizing and even their size 14 is a struggle for me.

I like their clothes but doubt even the maternity would fit me ever :wall:

Sherlock, that's so strange because Gap is usually the ONLY place that I can get trousers I actually fit into! All of the other high street stores have trousers with such short torsos and skinny thighs!

kalia said:
It's the one closest to the Frasers end of Princes Street, the opposite end from Waverley - I think it is between Castle Street and Frederick Street :think: You could call to see if any of the other branches do maternity now.

Thanks Hon, cant remember the last time i ventured up princes street :shock:

from the couple of GAPs I have been in lately, be aware, they put their maternity clothes in babyGAP not normal GAP (and in bluewater they are MILES away from each other).... just a tip to save you walking!

J
XX

Tick-Tock said:
from the couple of GAPs I have been in lately, be aware, they put their maternity clothes in babyGAP not normal GAP (and in bluewater they are MILES away from each other).... just a tip to save you walking!

J
XX

OOOH thaks for that went to look in Nottingham didnt think about baby gap, will go look on monday

roxanne080 said:
thatss the amercian website is there a british one?

I had a read on the net before posting that link, I read that it ships to the UK too and that Gap don't have a UK website.

just been having a nosey at the website.. it says "we dont ship or bill internationally" or something like that. we would be international to the states..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back