gall bladder pain ? / attacks

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
can someeone please tell me if you've had one of these / have gallstones

when i was in hossy they discovered id got gallstones prob caused by pregnancy

last fri night and tonight i think ive had attacks

it comes on quite suddenly , and is really acute pain right along where my bra should be a kinda radiates down given me tummy ache and making me go loo :oops: plus hurrendous back ache . the pain is so bad it feel like my chest is tightening ( kinda under my boobs bit / upper tummy) and can take my breath away , i can barely sit / stand or lay down , and if feel nausa with it

does this sound like an attack ?

it kinda passed now , after an hour / hour n half ish and now i left with an achey feeling / feeling tired n cold .

its scarey cos im home alone with leland :cry:

Hi

It sure sounds like it.

Have you had an greasy fatty foods within the last few hours? These tend to bring on the attacks..all due to digestion.

The most common site of pain will usually be the right shoulder blade or back. It's really common to feel nauseous with it & the coldness could be due to the fact that it is likely to bring on fever. Although it may feel that it's never going to end, the episode should pass ( although that's no help to you now).
Take plenty of clear fluids such as water & I'd probably go see your Gp.

Oh and by the wat, fatty & greasy food will aggrevate gall stones. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Yup, I would definately say it was gall stones. My attacks would come on suddenly and last for about 5 to 10 minutes or longer if unlucky. I couldn't get any relief from them. Pretty horrible if in the middle of town.

I would go and see your doc. Hope you're ok :hug:

Yep that sounds like an attack. Ive just come out of hospital, i got pancreatitis cuz of my gall stones and was seriously ill with it. Im waiting to have an operation. Go and see your doctor, they can refer you for an op and give you pain killers to help with the pain. :hug: :hug: :hug:

yeah sounds like your gall stones are causing you pancreatitis, get that gallbladder removed asap :?

because of the liver prob i had with pregnancy im actually seeing a gastroentrologist (spl) next week , so will tell him ive started having eposodes , last thing i need is more stay in hossy tho :cry: not been out long !

Yep had my gallbladder out as a result of gallstones and this does sound like a gallstone attack. Be warned, if you are suffering with attacks and are scheduled to have surgery, the Dr will probably put you on a really strict diet - absolutely NO FAT WHATSOVER for 6 weeks leading up to the op.

I had my gallbladder removed as an emergency op as I stupidly ignored my symptoms - which were the most awful night time attacks, severe pain under the rib cage, right in the middle of my chest and also directly behind in my back. I'd eventually vomit which would relieve it.

A good tip is as soon as you feel an attack coming on, drink a pint of water quicky as this encourages the gallbladder to empty and relieves the symptoms.

By the way the operation is fine, I had mine done by keyhole and the recovery is fine...there's also no problem whatsover living without a gallbladder.

Hope you get it sorted asap - don't leave it like I did - you'll regret it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back