• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gah this Reflux thing??

Squiglet

Reaction score
Its driving me mad.. !!!! Lil miss just constantly pukes all the time... They say keep them up right after a feed... but that just makes her puke more.... then theres the coughing and the spluttering and the hiccups which all distress her....

She's not a tiny thing either.... shes near on 17lbs... and shes only just 4 months... at the moment my life is constant round of feeding, puking and changing clothes... She can puke up over 12 times a day and its not just like a little bit we are talking maybe 2 or 3oz of milk/water PER PUKE session sometimes more on a bad day :cry: It can take an hour to feed her and she's currently feeding every hour and half, and to have her throw up straight after is quite disheartening... and a waste of boob juice...

They say weaning or moving on to formula helps because it is thicker and more difficult to pass through the oesophagus... but formula is completely out because lil miss doesn't tolerate it well... and I'd much prefer to wait till she is 6 months before weaning to allow her little gut to mature properly considering how ...

I'm going to speak to the paediatrician next week as its her 4 month check... but I was wondering what other peoples experiences were especially after weaning..

would u not try her on gavsicon ? u can feed it to breastfeed babies in juice or water ? i think i read she takes juice from you in a cup ? u know how much leland was sick and now his barely not , we have the odd sicky days where he screams in pain and is sick but normal were ok right now and he gets half a dose in each feed.

not all reflux babies have to loose weight and be small either , think leland and lil miss prove that !

My lo had really bad reflux and we started weaning at around 17 weeks. For the past 3 weeks, Adam has hardly suffered from reflux at all.

Adam has alway been a good weight but he stopped gaining at around 15 weeks and the hv recommended that we try weaning at 17 weeks. The first couple of weeks seemed to make his reflux worse but now he is like a different baby. We still use the gaviscon in every feed but he has now halfed his milk intake so the reflux has improved.

Hope this helps. x

we have been using gaviscon too - I hate using it but it does seem to help, she doesnt have it with every feed though, i tend to give it late afternoon or evening so i know she will keep some down overnight. In between times i try infacol before her feed which also seems to help - the burps come up dry rather than bringing the whole feed up too :roll:
I hate giving her all this junk but the puking and distress for both of us was just too much! dont know about weaning yet, we are a long way off yet but hope Lil miss feels better soon :hug: :hug:

i started with gaviscon yesterday and i can't believe the difference its made... i'm not over keen on using it either, but he's hardly been sick at all and is so much more settled already. like lil miss he was puking what felt like the entire feed each time, and nothing would stop it. we're up to 3.5 hours between feeds during they day (rather than 2) cos i guess he's busy digesting for so much longer. and he slept for a record 4.5 hours before waking for a feed last night...

it might be worth trying?

She has meds from the doctor for it... (similar to gaviscon) and she has something to thicken her milk in a bottle, but it has cereals in it and she gets a sore tummy when she takes it :( and then pukes up more of her boob milk (not the thickened stuff though :think: )...not sure what to do really :cry:

aw hon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: not sure what to suggest really... poor lil miss :cry:

I dont know either :( Can you get Gaviscon there? If you want to try some I can send you a few sachets of ours? I get it for Eva on prescription here, and dont even use it all the time.
Its not nice when she isnt keeping the good stuff down, I feel really bad when it gets wasted too :cry: I am hoping Eva will grow out of it soon but she doesnt seem to be suffering, still gaining weight etc. Hope you and lil miss feel better soon :hug:

That must be so frustrating and upsetting for both of you, not got any advice im afraid but just wanted to send some :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back