Fuming, upset and hurt

I wouldn't show any knowledge about the other emails you found.
Sorry he's being such an areshole!!! x

I agree, only use the one that was forwarded to you. Anything else would have to be investigated separately xx

Thank you ladies, perhaps we could all line up in front of him and scream at him? :D xx

I think a line of screaming, pregnant ladies would soon kick him into shape! Let's do it!! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Well I am in.... if it's a fight he want's then it's a fight he will get.... a pack of hormonal raging women isn't something he should mess with! xx

Thanks!! I like the idea of a fight that involves kicking.

I just cant believe that anyone would do that. I know he has to protect his commercial operation etc and that is fine, so long as he acts within the law. His current proposals are a deliberate avoidance of paying me anything. Its not as if I've only been working here a short time either - he's had more than his pound of flesh from me over the years.

Just goes to show that you bust your ass working for someone to further yourself and the company, doing unpaid overtime, working weekends and going above and beyond the call of duty for nothing, nada, ziltch.

Sorry, I'm ranting again.....
xx

Thanks!! I like the idea of a fight that involves kicking.

I just cant believe that anyone would do that. I know he has to protect his commercial operation etc and that is fine, so long as he acts within the law. His current proposals are a deliberate avoidance of paying me anything. Its not as if I've only been working here a short time either - he's had more than his pound of flesh from me over the years.

Just goes to show that you bust your ass working for someone to further yourself and the company, doing unpaid overtime, working weekends and going above and beyond the call of duty for nothing, nada, ziltch.

Sorry, I'm ranting again.....
xx

Rant away Hun, there is no point in dealing with this on your own we are all behind you. He is clearly a complete plank and has zero decency.... Have you had a chance to speak to hubby about it all?

Protecting his organisation should not get in the way of doing what is right and just. He needs to realise that women all around this country are entitled to a level of maternity pay by law. If he doesn't like the employment law within the UK he shouldn't own a company over here!

It sounds like it is a very one sided arrangement and he has managed to get all he feels he can get out of you. (Not saying you don’t have more to give!)

I can completely relate to how much you feel your hard work is overlooked because it happens to me every day. The only thing is I am protected because I work for a large organisation who have no choice but to abide by the law.

xx

Wow honey I'm so sorry your boss is such a scumbag!!! Iv always been lucky working for the nhs in that they are very careful how they handle things like this but unfortunately smaller organisations seem to be a lot less accommodating.

Hope things get better honey. It's so wrong!

That sounds so awful!!!! It must be horrible knowing he is planning and scheming when all you've done is work hard at your career and then have a baby!!!

What a complete arse!!!

I can't offer any legal advice but from the email that was legitimately forwarded to you I would say you have hung, drawn and slaughtered!! Before you approach him I would suggest seeking legal advice from a solicitor or CAB. This is soooo serious and you have every right to feel the way you do. Actually I'm surprised you are not more angry. You really don't need this stress whilst pregnant but please don't let this lie. This man needs a big slap and I think you should hit him where it hurts most....in the pocket!!

Ok tribunals are not good but if you have to I think you can justify your case to any future employer, you are clearly not a money grabber.

Keep us updated and good luck!!

xxxx

Last edited:
could you get your GP to ' recommend' going on ML NOW?! that way your boss would have no way out? as it would have already started . I know you would be going on maternity leave a month early but it might make things less risky?

xx

Hi First Baby Eek!

Loopy lou dropped me a msg to see whether or not i could offer you any advice.

Well to start, the one email that was sent on to you is enough in itself to justify any form of action from you. With regards to the others, i'm going to guess that if you have access to his emails then they probably could be used but having said that I don't think you need them and probably not worth the risk as you have enough in the one email already.

Clearly his behavior is absolutely disgraceful, I actually cannot believe there are still employers out there that are stuck in the 1950's :roll:

having read through all of your posts its hard to advise what you can do as you have stated that you don't want to go down the tribunal route? to put it in basic terms you will win a sexual discrimination case (no upper limit on compensation!) hands down! It really is that black and white. i understand your reasons for not wanting to do this but it sounds as though the employment relationship has broken down so can you realistically go back there and work for such a nasty old fashioned arsehole?

So your other option is to go down the constructive dismissal route due to sexual discrimination and hope that your boss gets some advice quickly where he will be told that if you go to court it could cost him a significant sum as well as destroy not only his reputation but the reputation of his company. Id say 90% of the time he will offer to settle with you out of court (not guaranteed though!).

You mentioned about sitting down and talking to him but what are you hoping he will do? Offer to pay you an amount to resign? That is a tricky one because it may take away some credibility if he doesn't and you then want to take it further, or even go back to work after? You would still win a case if he did refuse but it does make it a little awkward if you have asked for a 'pay off'.

You literally cannot let him get away with it though, gosh it makes me so so so angry - its bloody 2012 and this sort of sexual discrimination still exists, terrible!

Hi Pos!

Thank you soo much for your advice, its really very much appreciated. I went home and had a long chat with DH about it last night, who's inital response was to come into work with me today confront him about it and tell him to stick my job.

I was in tears over it last night, but have decided that its not worth me getting angry and upset about it as its no good for me or LO.

I think I am more calm about it today as I think in my heart of hearts I'm not surprised by his behaviour, I'm incredibly dissappointed and hurt that 11 years working with him going above and beyond on numberous occasions now counts for nothing. I'm also really upset that he appears to have discussed this situation with all manner of people that I too have a working relationship yet has not once come and discussed any of the issues with me.

I have also decided that I am not going to come back and work here after my ML, I just dont see after this how I possibly could and therefore have nothing to loose by going down the employment tribunal route. I'm not really too sure how or when to start this and therefore I'm going to speak to a Solicitor about timings etc.

In my mind, I've worked here over a decade, my boss is 67 and therefore I genuinly thought that there was an opportunity for succession, although its nevre actually been discussed, all things seemed to be heading towards that and to have all of that taken from me just because I am pregnant and he doesnt want to pay me the basic minimum SMP (which he will recover anyway).

I'm also really hurt that as far as he is concerned, it doesnt seem to be about the money at all, because he will recover it, it appears that he is searching out routes to cause as much damage to me personally and financially and that is what I cant get my head round. To pull basic funding and a livelihood from someone when they need it most is dispicable in my book and therefore I'm not going to let him get away with it, I cant.

I dont think I'm going to have a chat with him as a) It will most likely fall on deaf ears b) may get into a heated argument and c) could give him a tactical advantage.

If anyone has any thoughts on the best tactics would be then I'd be really grateful. Sorry that this thread is sooo depressing. This isnt the be all and end all in life and with Pickle coming along, my priorities and focus on what is important in life have changed drastically, but by the same token I just feel that he cant do this.

xxxxxx

Last edited:
I agree with everything you have said and think you are doing the right thing. One thing I will add is that obv you are coming to the end of your pregnancy and even though you have a strong black and white case, it can be very stressful and time consuming to go through an employment tribunal, however I don't see that you have any other choice.

I have a 6 mo baby now and i cannot stress enough how difficult the first six months were so you need to consider that before you start.

If you do decide to go ahead though you can just make the claim yourself without using a solicitor or you can make life easier by getting one to fight your cause, taking account of your current situation it is probably advisable.

Here is a link to further information hunny...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ResolvingWorkplaceDisputes/Employmenttribunals/DG_10028122

Like i said previously, I would guess that once he gets the letter to say you are taking him to court, he will contact a solicitor and i'm pretty certain he will be advised to settle with you out of court.

let me know how you get on by PM if you want to, i log on most day x

Last edited:
Thanks Pos, I'll have a good read through of the website. I thought by getting myself in front of a Solicitor now and being heavily pregnant might add 'weight' to my case?

Thank you once again for all your brilliant advice xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back