hacked

jodie_honey

Reaction score
my hotmail account has been hacked and its sending ppl emails asking for money and i have no records of the email addresses i had and i get important emails to that adress!
i cant chat on msn. i feel so ANNOYED! :cry:

i had something similar hun only mine were being sent to my OH telling him i was leaving him and that i was using him to get over my ex....they then hacked his and started sending me them as if it were him (sh!t myself cos he was away on a course and i couldnt get in touch straight away!)
I honestly dont have any sugesions as to what to do, we have and idea that it was my ex/his friends that did it to us but we didnt really no how to go about reporting it and touch wood we havent had anymore for a while now. we just changed our email account.....

It might not be hacked. I had a similar problem before (I take it you have lots of messages that couldn't be delivered and it was those email that alerted you) but when I checked my sent emails there was nothing weird there. I got in touch with yahoo (it was my yahoo account) and they said they people can make it look like they've sent an email from your account but they haven't really Here is some of what yahoo wrote to me after I reported it:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.

It appears that the sender of this message forged the header
information
to give the impression that it came from your email address. The sender

seems to have used your email address in the "reply-to" and/or the
"from" field of the message sent out and, as a result, misdirected
email
is being returned to you.

When you receive mail from a "MAILER-DAEMON" or a "Mail Delivery
Subsystem", with a subject similar to "Failed Delivery", this means
that
a sent message was undeliverable and has been "bounced" back to you.

These messages are produced automatically by the intended recipients
email service and usually include a reason for the delivery failure.
Bounced messages normally consist of two parts; the first contains the
reason for the bounce, the second contains the original message.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

thankyou for that. they have hacked coz they have changed my password and all my details. ive had a call from the bank sayin there has been some fraud on there too and these details were in my hotmail account coz it was a receipt for somethin i bought from the net. im fumin. had to cancel my back card n everythin ARGGGHHH!
thanx for the replies ladies xxx

jodie_honey said:
thankyou for that. they have hacked coz they have changed my password and all my details. ive had a call from the bank sayin there has been some fraud on there too and these details were in my hotmail account coz it was a receipt for somethin i bought from the net. im fumin. had to cancel my back card n everythin ARGGGHHH!
thanx for the replies ladies xxx

bloody hell hun....these people are just so :evil:
glad the bank picked up on it in time before lots of damage was done

I was reading the e-mail thinking it was a bit random you asking for $500! I thought it was a joke until i didnt see the funny side of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back