Frustrated!

ZMD

Reaction score
I know Im always moaning about Tegans milk intake But i have no idea what else to do!

her milk intake has been gettin even worse over the last couple of weeks, so last week the hv got the doc to prescribe vitamin drops and said If she dropped below 12oz a day to ring her and she would c what else could be done!
today she's drunk 7oz i rung HV as by 2pm she hadn't drunk any all she said was 'she's got to drink it, you'll have to find other ways to get it into her'
she's on Lactose free formula and sma have just changed it and its since then she really hates it.
does anyone know of any other Lactose free formula?
sorry for the massive rant Im just worried & upset x

hi hun, i dont know of any other formula you could use, but have you tried making porride, rusk etc with her milk? i do this with my lo, even if its just with 2oz i feel happy knowing he's had it. he's off his milk atm, think due to teething, its like a fight to get him to drink it! eventually he does.... usually when he has worn himself out from crying and is asleep! im sorry your hv doesnt sound too helpful! hope the other ladies can give you some better advice than me!

Thanks Hun she has 4oz with her porridge in the morning But won't eat mashed up Rusks, its a fighting battle to get her to drink the small amount she does drink i've tried different bottles, cups etc But nothing works! x

My LO isnt a great one for taking his milk, he has three bottles a day, one 6oz, one 5oz and at bedtime 7oz. the only bottle he will willingly take is the breakfast bottle and thats obviously because he hasnt eaten for over 13hours. the next two bottles i can only get him to take as he is falling asleep for his afternoon nap or when he is falling asleep because its bedtime. i literally have to put him down for his nap wait til he is very very sleepy and then he will take it til he falls asleep.

My LO isnt a great one for taking his milk, he has three bottles a day, one 6oz, one 5oz and at bedtime 7oz. the only bottle he will willingly take is the breakfast bottle and thats obviously because he hasnt eaten for over 13hours. the next two bottles i can only get him to take as he is falling asleep for his afternoon nap or when he is falling asleep because its bedtime. i literally have to put him down for his nap wait til he is very very sleepy and then he will take it til he falls asleep.

I think i'll give that a go tomorrow see If that helps, she won't even drink her breakfast bottle after being asleep 12 hours x

snap!! my lo has just fallen asleep whilst having his bedtime bottle! he wont take it until hes really sleepy!

Awww...sorry to hear that you're having a stressful time with Tegan's milk again... I know exactly how you feel.

I too have found that Isla drinks better when sleepy but it's not always easy to time her feeds when she is hungry enough and sleepy but not too hungry and too tired!

Hope you have a better day tomorrow :hug:

Sorry she's still struggling, she's a little tinker... Not sure if I'm remembering right but do colief drops break down the lactose? There is something you can put in regular formular I'm sure that breaks down the lactose.

Might be worth having a google? If there is at least then you could try regular formulas, see if she likes them better.

To be fair, oscar got prescribed some disgusting lactose free stuff from the doctor, can't remember what it was called though, but it was sick, he wouldn't touch it. Luckily he wasn't lactose intolerant anyways and I stuck with the breastfeeding in the end.

Good luck hun xxxx

Have you still got any of the old stuff? When I switched Zachary over to nutramigin (milk protein free formula) I had to do it gradually over a week or so, by mixing the new and old formula and gradually reducing the old formula and it helped. He wouldn't do a straight swap as the nutramigin is disgusting and stinks! Zac also used to be a nightmare feeder, I also used to get him to sleep to feed him, and sometimes standing up and dancing around would help too, I have no idea why?! Dr browns bottles also helped a bit.

It is so easy for people to say they need to have the milk, it's not that easy getting a baby who doesn't want milk to drink it! I have phoned my HV and dietician a few times in tears cos I couldn't get him to have any milk and they say keep offering it to him (thanks, really helpful!).

Good luck xx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies only 6Oz been Drunk today plus 3in her porridge! i phoned the Dietician and she has told me to go to the docs and get them to prescribe Aptamil pepti to c If she prefers that, i ended up in tears and all i got was keep puttin it in her food! theres only so many things i can put milk in xx

I'm sorry to hear that Tegan's had another bad milk day. Isla's not had a great one today either. It's so stressful.

Isla's on Aptamil Pepti - it's not lactose free though... it's for cows milk protein allergy only I thought...not lactose intolerance.

Im sure Ive seen in the supermarket that cow and gate have brought out a soya/lactose free version. mite be worth having a look at ? x hope she gets better for you soon xx must be so frustrating ! they like to worry dont they ! xx

I'm sorry to hear that Tegan's had another bad milk day. Isla's not had a great one today either. It's so stressful.

Isla's on Aptamil Pepti - it's not lactose free though... it's for cows milk protein allergy only I thought...not lactose intolerance.

Thanks for this, went to the docs yesterday your right Aptamil pepti is only reduced Lactose! they've prescribed her cow & gate pepti junior the pharmacy have got to order it in and said it'll take about a week xx

Hope the new milk improves things.

Isla's did a 1oz feed at 7am this morning - just hoping the
next feed is better...

these two girls are as bad as one Another! did you get my reply to your pm? id love the recipes If you don't mind xx

They are indeed! Yes, sorry - got your pm and was going to reply when I had copied it. Have now done that so I'll get it sent asap if you pm me your address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back