Frozen Breastmilk

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Over the past 3 weeks Ive managed to build up a supply of 6 Avant Via Cups of breastmilk and have put them in the freezer, Im thinking of using some of this supply but im unsure of the best way to defrost the milk.

Do I........

1) Take milk out of freezer and leave on kitchen worktop in room temperature to defrost? If so how long will it take to defrost and then how soon should I use it?

2) Take milk out of freezer and put straight in fridge? As above, if this is the case then how long does it take to defrost and how long before I should be using it?

I also have an Avent IQ bottle warmer with various setting which includes a setting for frozen milk, has anyone else got this? Surley you cant put frozen milk in the bottle warmer for it to heat up lol but......after milk has defrosted do i still select the button for milk from freezer? does that make any sence?

Thanks

T xx

I always put mine in the fridge to defrost - it does take longer but it keeps it fresh (i don't always do this with food though). I always take mine out at night for the next day and it's ready in the morning.

I don't use a bottle warmer, but I assume it will be like defrosting. If I've ever been in a hurry, I've defrosted the milk in some cool water (not done this very often but it's ok to do this). It will be the same on the bottle warmer...it will defrost it then you would put it to your normal setting to warm it up xx

I defrost mine either in the fridge overnight or in warm water.

Dont forget thought the higher the amount of milk the longer it will take to defrost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back