• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

freezing eggs?

tinselcat

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about services for freezing eggs?

I know my OH would absolutely hate and oppose the idea but I'm nearly 34 and feel still healthy (the fertility probs aren't with me), whereas I worry that it will take us years to get anywhere babywise and by that time maybe I won't have the option of my own eggs.

argh, just feeling so stressed! Any advice or info would be gratefully received xx

The process of collecting eggs to freeze is the same as the process of collecting eggs for IVF.

You take drugs for several weeks and then have surgery.

Eggs do not survive freezing very well and typically only half of them survive. I am under the impression that embryos frozen on day 1 have a much better survival rate than eggs.

There is a new technique where they freeze them very quickly and it has much better survival rate of about 85% but it costs the same as a complete IVF cycle too.

Sure, i can understand you wanting to preserve your fertility but if you already have the father of the baby selected then you might as well go as far as you can with the cycle instead of stopping at eggs :)

found the article about eggs freezing cost : unfortunately cannot paste it: in heraldscotland title: Private clinics overcharge women for eggs freezing says fertility expert Lord Winston

And my friend paid only 2000 Euro in a fertility clinic in Gdansk. Probably UK clinics should recalculate the procedure price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back