Freezing baby food

stephlw25

Reaction score
Can someone just name the food that is ok to freeze and not ok to freeze........ok sounds daft but can you freeze mashed potatoe etc!!! :oops: :?

You can freeze it but it's not a very nice texure when you defrost it. I will freeze everything else though.

Thanks Urchin! Like i said daft Question!!! i did think it sounded a bit strange to freeze it but hey if you never ask then you never know!!! lol

Just looked at this website which i found in the bounty weaning book!!

http://www.babylicious.co.uk/new/

I thought you could pretty much freeze anything as long as it is heated back up to a certain temperature.

I wont be freezing Isaac's food. I am really really paranoid about food poisoning and I hate cooking frozen food for myself let alone Isaac.

I'm going to be buying the jars and packets :)

Lou

Bless, you can freeze anything as you would our food. I know what you mean though you want to get it right and not poison the little ones.

Yeah. My friend has one year old twins and she makes all their food from scratch and freezes it then when she heats it back up she uses a food thermometer to check the temperature. Once its gets to a certain heat then its safe.

When I was pregnant we had trouble with some new lighting that tripped out our fuse box and our fridge freezer defrosted. Its one of the big american style ones with the water and ice dispenser on and it was full with stuff and we had to throw it all away. Ever since then I've been paranoid incase it defrosts then re-freezes while we are out lol

I'm teribble when it comes to food. When I backpacked India and nepal I ate boiled eggs. toast and plain rice for a whole 6 months so I wouldn't get ill !!

Lou :)

lou said:
When I backpacked India and nepal I ate boiled eggs. toast and plain rice for a whole 6 months so I wouldn't get ill !!

When I was backpacking in India I got food poisoning and spent 4 days in hospital!!! :?

urchin said:
lou said:
When I backpacked India and nepal I ate boiled eggs. toast and plain rice for a whole 6 months so I wouldn't get ill !!

When I was backpacking in India I got food poisoning and spent 4 days in hospital!!! :?

omg how awful! That was my worst nightmare. A friend of mine had jardia (i'm not sure how you spell it)? and she was poohing jelly and had to be stretchered off the plane when she got home!

I was so lucky, I didnt get ill once. Well apart from when I took too may "stop ache" pain killers mixed with vallium and I passed out on the back of my boyfriends motorbike driving at night through Goa's back streets!

Blimey that brings back some memories lol

lou said:
urchin said:
lou said:

omg how awful! That was my worst nightmare. A friend of mine had jardia (i'm not sure how you spell it)? and she was poohing jelly and had to be stretchered off the plane when she got home!

I was so lucky, I didnt get ill once. Well apart from when I took too may "stop ache" pain killers mixed with vallium and I passed out on the back of my boyfriends motorbike driving at night through Goa's back streets!

Blimey that brings back some memories lol

hahaha I we did the Goa on a moped thing too!

One day after the monsoon rain had fell we were on our way home up a big hill on the bike in the dark. At the crest of the hill the headlight picked out a HUGE spider that the rain had knocked out of a tree. It was hanging by a single thread at head height in the middle of the road.
By the time we saw it it was too late to do much and obviously when we went past where it was it was pitch black so we couldn't see if it was on us or not!!
We leapt off the bike, one of us had to point the headlight at the other one while they danced around desperatley trying to see if it was on us or not

It's funny now but at the time it totally freaked me out LOL :lol:

lol I hate spiders big time!!!!

In nepal we stayed in mud huts full of spiders. The man in the family we were staying with was fascinated by my fear of them. He told me to fear tigers eating me in the night not spiders! We also went on an early morning elephant safari through the trees and you could see the spider webs coming towards us but we couldnt duck out of the way. In indonesia I showered whilst being watched by a spider the size of a dinner plate. In australia I almost sat on a red back and spent one night shaking in a tent while a big spider ran across the inner cover all night. When I tried to flick it off it clung on and looked like it was doing press ups! When my boyfriend got back from Africa he had a spider bite on his arm that I pulled an egg sack out of!

I have a million spider stories!! And rhino stories and crocodile stories and camal stories and snake stories and rabid dog stories lol

You're making me shiver lol - I HATE spiders!! :x

Kim said:
You're making me shiver lol - I HATE spiders!! :x

How do you feel about giant centipedes? LOL I have a wicked story about one of them.
I was working as a scuba diving instructor in Thailand and I was on the boat putting on my tight neporene booties. I put one on and I could feel something huge wrigging around in it next to my toes! Booties fit so tightly to your foot it took me what seemed like ages to get it off. When I did I tipped it upside down and a huge fat centepede (about 15 cms long and an inch wide) fell out of it!!!! We had to kill it by chasing it round the boat with a hammer cos no-one wanted to touch it :lol:

So.... freezing baby food....... :)

lol urchin I would've picked it up and inspected it!

Check this story out....

In Goa we were out having a meal at a beach bar restaurant one evening and I felt something inside my trousers on my thigh. I grabbed it through my trousers and it felt hard, like a cockroach!!! I panicked, stood up and pulled my trousers to the floor then realised it was just the not in the end of the drawstring on my trousers! lol there was me stood in the middle of a restaurant with my trousers round my ankles screaming.

Also in Goa we were sat outside our bungalows one night when we saw a praying mantis. My friend Alaina was terrified but I promised her it wouldnt hurt her and that she might never see one again so she should really check it out. She trusted me and bent over to look at it and omg it jumped in her hair!! lol she freaked out big time and was running around with this huge green thing hanging down over her face!! (she calmed down eventually and I untangled it and set it free). She hated me for a while after that! lol

(we spent the millenium in Thailand, it was excellent) :)

lou said:
lol urchin I would've picked it up and inspected it!

Check this story out....

In Goa we were out having a meal at a beach bar restaurant one evening and I felt something inside my trousers on my thigh. I grabbed it through my trousers and it felt hard, like a cockroach!!! I panicked, stood up and pulled my trousers to the floor then realised it was just the not in the end of the drawstring on my trousers! lol there was me stood in the middle of a restaurant with my trousers round my ankles screaming.

Also in Goa we were sat outside our bungalows one night when we saw a praying mantis. My friend Alaina was terrified but I promised her it wouldnt hurt her and that she might never see one again so she should really check it out. She trusted me and bent over to look at it and omg it jumped in her hair!! lol she freaked out big time and was running around with this huge green thing hanging down over her face!! (she calmed down eventually and I untangled it and set it free). She hated me for a while after that! lol

(we spent the millenium in Thailand, it was excellent) :)

HAHAHA that made me to a real life LOL!

BTW the centipedes bite is worse than a wasp sting so I wasn't taking any chances!

bugger that then...i didnt know they could sting you!

I love all insects except spiders and cockroaches. Ants are my favourites. I did an experiment once on a campsite in greece with ants to see if they prefer 7up or coke. I was extremely bored.

Coke won. I should've done the pepsi challenge. Or blindfolded them and given them Tizer.

Also....back to the food..! Do you defrost it in the microwave and is so for how long?? ....do you put in on defrost for so long then on normal heat for so long??? does that make sence!!!!??

Sorry i know im sounding daft!!!!

As far as I remember I either left it out to thaw (covered) or microwaved it till it was really hot then let it cool a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back