• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Freegans and Freeganism

xrachx

Reaction score
does anyone know any? i have been watching a video on the net and i am like...WHAT??!! the stuff they get is unbelievable, they eat better than i ever could afford, thought it was just shit out of the bin but its soo not! they have like carrier bags of normal stuff, but the packages are dented or the dates are low, its mostly the really expensive stuff like organic staeks and stuff like that, it would be interesting to see if we have any here.

It's not for me; I'm a frugalist not a freegan :lol: Each to their own though, I have no problem with others rifling through bins if that's what they want to do.

Suzie and Faith said:
I think it's quite clever but not for me. Isn't it illegal though?
thats what i thought lol, i think its classed as theft, definately not for me! my daughter would have a fit if i went rummaging through bins!

Minxy said:
It's not for me; I'm a frugalist not a freegan :lol: Each to their own though, I have no problem with others rifling through bins if that's what they want to do.

Me too. In principle I agree with them - there is FAR too much wasted food and usually it is fine.

In practice though I wouldn't be able to bring myself to eat anything I had dug out of a bin.

I saw the wife swap with a freeganist family on it, its true about them getting perfectly good stuff and everything but i dont really fancy sneaking around in the middle of the night stealing from bins..and yes it is illegal! plus aside from that they have some pretty out there morals and ways of life that arent for me!!

I also watched the wife swap episode and the dad REALLY got on my nerves. He was a bit sanctimonious with it all really.

I've never heard of it but im off to look i up now lol.

One of my learners told me today that he does it and got a crate of Heiniken from behind a Sainsburies in Leeds last weekend :shock:

He and his friends are vegans but one is a 'meagan', and will eat meat as long as it would be going to waste otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back