Freecycle

maybebaby

Reaction score
Does anyone use freecycle? I've used it a few times to get rid of bits & pieces & got some in return. Today I got an medula mini electric breast pump from a lovely lady :cheer: Obviously I'm going to give it a good clean & sterilise but I'm really chuffed :cheer:

What's the best thing you've ever got from freecycle?

I've never used it... I keep hearing about it on here, but always forget to look it up

Love it. My best (and only) thing - a silver TV/DVD player. I was looking for one for our room a couple of years ago and there was one on our local freecycle. The guy had used his real surname as his username and I recognised it from the buzzers outside the flats we used to stay in. Turns out he lived up the stairs - he offered it to me out of about 30 others and even carried it down the stairs for us :lol:

The flat we live in now came fully furnished but we had most of our own stuff - managed to offload most of it within a couple of days!

I've never used it either but my mum put some stuff I had on there and they all went within 2 days!

Best thing I ever got was a Pier papasan chair

P1010483.jpg

And a load of Enid Blyton books.

i use mine but everytime i see something i like it has bloody gone.
the only thing i have got is some clothes for willow i gave away willows baby bath as well.

This week we got a bike seat so Brody can sit on the back of OH bike and go round the park with Mason and daddy, its almost brand new, can't wait to get him on it. :D

As we're moving from a 1 bed flat to 5 bed house we need loads!

My Mum just collect 2 stairgates for me, and I'm looking out for two more. There's always loads of single beds, which we will look at claiming the weekend we move so we can collect in the van.

We could also be getting a full size Piano from there, just need to figure where we're going to store it!

As the purpose of our move is to save money over the next year, we've said if anything breaks down eg washing machine etc, we shall look on there before buying one.

My hubby got a fridge for his homebrew, I got a baby backpack although it was quite shoddy and my parents got a couple of tons of limestone for their garden walls!

I got lots of stuff for the sexual assualt centre I sort of work alongside.. DVD player, TV, CD player, bundle of magazines. Also got a highchair and a baby bath seat, bundle of toys, and a buggy.. in the end we didn't need the buggy but I freecycled it and somebody else claimed it :)

Mostly I have given stuff away on there, which is good.

I got this a few days ago :D , the seal had gone on ours and had smoke billowing out of it so well chuffed with this.
I've also got a baby bath seat, baby gym, bouncing door thing, LOADS of baby books with nursery rhymes etc and a bouncy seat.
I've given away loads of womens magazines as I read them and put an ad on when I have a load, an upright piano, a double bed frame, 100 breast pads that I never needed and a lawnmower.
Cooker.jpg

Wow you lot have got some great stuff :dance:

I tried to join up once but couldn't figure out how :oops: :lol:

jools221181 said:
Wow you lot have got some great stuff :dance:

I tried to join up once but couldn't figure out how :oops: :lol:

I found it really confusing to get set up but once I managed that the rest was a doddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back