Freakytits! Please help!

crankgirl

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else is encountering problems like this too, but I am having a terrible time with my boobs and getting a maternity bra with enough support to fit!
I'm a 32 G and have had to get a 34 so I can breathe but trying to find anything in the shops (even M&S) is proving fruitless unless I want an old dears' bra!
I got the only bra left in my size in Mothercare and when the woman at the till checked the size before scanning she smirked and said;
" Oh, you're only early, aren't you? well you'll be going up at least another two cup sizes by the time you're due, I don't know what you'll do then."
I took my hammock -sorry, bra and as I left the shop I could hear the asistants sniggering to each other. I got outside and burst into tears :( .
I'm having to alternate between the "hammock" and a shock absorber sports "fortress" at the moment.
Is there anywhere that caters for wierd sizes 'cos I'm at the end of my rope :x

Oh, on a funnier note though, when Pete laughed like a drain at the size of my bra, I put a cup on his head and it made him look like an overgrown (very!) baby in a bonnet! I wish I had a pic... :rotfl:

Oh I really feel for you! I'm normally a 38B and got measured for a maternity bra at Mothercare. I needed a 40C but there were hardly any left in that size either :shock: I don't like the maternity bra's at all, don't feel supported enough so I can't imagine how you must feel.

The staff at Mothercare were very unprofessional towards you, there was no need for that at all!

Good luck with your search :)

you aren't that big :hug:

My sister was in a 34g in first tri and she didn't go a lot bigger till she was breastfeeding..so ignore the bored shopworkers. I'm sure if you speak to the assistants (nice ones :roll: ) you'll find they can order larger sizes in for you :hug:

All I will say is this....

Complain to Mothercare HQ about how you were treated. That is NOT on!

Size L!!!! :shock: OMG! I had no idea there was an L cup, poor girl :( and there was me moaning about a G cup.
Thanks for the link midna! And thanks folks for the support - no pun intended! :roll:

:rotfl: :rotfl: pun

wow feel sorry for u women trying to get your size :hug:

God im so jealous when i was pg, my boobs didnt grow at all, when i had him they shrunk! :oops: :rotfl:

Bravissimo go up to a L cup, and have maternity / nursing bras, maybe worth cecking them out.

I am normally a 30F cup and only went up to a 36G with my last pregnancy so try not to worry, all the growing i did was in the first tri they didnt grow after that also it seems to be my ribcage which expanded with the baby not my cup size. Also try to ignore the pathetic staff in Mothercare and pity them , by the sounds of it half the women (lol and men) in england would kill for your bust right now.

Have you tried wearing one bra over another, sounds dumb but i cannot stand horseriding with my boobs unless i do this, it helps so much. They need to be the unwired ones and its not uncomfy honest.

Cheer up hun at least we have boobs that Jordan would pay megabucks for!!!
:rotfl:

Hi there,

I can sympathise!! Im normally a 36 d and I am now a 38ff!! They grew straight away at the start of my pregnancy and Im now 11 weeks and fortunately they havent grown anymore so hopefully they will stay this way until the milk starts coming!
As for bras, I go to Bravissimo online as they do some lovely bras in big sizes and cater for maternity too. I have got a really good supportive one from there and a couple of nice ones for the evening. Also look on figleaves.com as they do some lovely bras in bigger sizes.
You can also get swimwear at these sites too.
Try to ignore the remarks - thats the way I deal with it. I think people think they are paying you a compliment as women pay a lot of money to get boobs like us!! Why I have no idea!!! :rotfl: I look ridiculous at the mo as Im still fitting into my size 10/12 pants and need a 14/16 on top!! My mum told me not to worry though as my bottom half will soon catch up!! Thanks mum!!! :shock: :rotfl: :shock: :rotfl:

L cup

wow didnt know there was such thing,so is that bigger then jorden?

i want to see pics

dont be ashamed i would love to swap my c's fopr L's :lol:

That's made me so angry reading about your mothercare nightmare. I really hope you will write to HQ to tell them about it; people should not have to tolerate that kind of treatment. The assistants deserve a proper dressing down.

I would always favour Bravissimo for a good bra in a big size. I am usually a 30FF but have noticed that my boobs are creeping up to a G and beyond! What size they will become I don't know! Only just found out I'm pg but wondering when I need to swap to a wire free bra- don't want to y'see! Any advice?

Im 34H and i struggle to buy any bra but really hate trying to find a sports bra, iv got a 34E sports bra thats all broken because i sqeeze into it. Saves the embaresment of asking in the shop if they have a bigger size!! :(

Hi there,

New to this site so not posted before but felt compelled to due to the foul horrid Mothercare lady!!!! Definately complain, you feel bad enough as it is having big boobs and knowing there are getting bigger and someone behaves like that! I am a 34GG and am starting to burst out of most of my bras already. I will be heading for Bravissimo for the dreaded non underwired bra but thankfully the ladies in there are really helpful and you actually feel normal!! Even if you don't have one near you they have a website.

Good Luck :D

flowergirl said:
I would always favour Bravissimo for a good bra in a big size. I am usually a 30FF but have noticed that my boobs are creeping up to a G and beyond! What size they will become I don't know! Only just found out I'm pg but wondering when I need to swap to a wire free bra- don't want to y'see! Any advice?

Hi Flowergirl. You should swop into a none wire one asap. You can get some really good supportive ones (I got mine from Bravissimo) that hold your boobs up really well. I tend to sleep in it and wear it in the day if Im not going anywhere. I do also still wear an underwire bra if Im going out somewhere special and want a better shape. I know none-wired bras are not appealing, but trust me, once your boobs really start to hurt and grow you will be glad of a none-wire one cos they are soooooooo comfortable!!

I've got the unfortunate-ness the other way - try finding a maternity bra in any cup size lower than a D or E.. I got the last C from mothercare. Admittedly yeah I could get normal non-wired ones, but still.

I understand your annoyance/sadness/worries though, I hate not being able to find things in the right sizes, it's not fair :( All I'd suggest is the internet really, type your size into google/ebay and see what it comes up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back