Forward facing/next stage car seat!

Smithy1980

Reaction score
When do you put LO into the next stage seat?

Thanks ladies x

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

When they reach 9kg and over 9 months.

Obviously you can choose to extend rear facing too. x

Fab thank you :) x

9months? Issacs legs look squashed already, he isn't ready get but i didn't realise it was that age x

It doesn't matter if their legs are bent, just that their head doesn't go over the top of the seat. 99% of the time they are perfectly comfortable with their legs bent :)

Thanks :) does anyone have any recommendations? I like the recaro sport but it's rather pricey! Oh just raised an eyebrow so I took that as a NO lol!

Any ideas for seats greatly appreciated :) xx

We have the Maxicosi Priori in bright red. Jack loves it! x

Ooow thanks ladies ill have a look xx

Most baby car seats are up to 28lb now which is an average 15 month old!!! It's totally ur decision when to switch them round but u must make sure they weigh over 20lb and can sit up unaided for half an hour! Wherever possible u should keep them rear facing till 28lb in weight! I have done extensive research into car seats and the right age and weight! My boys have a britax evolva 123!! My 28 month old son is now in that seat without a harness because he is over the max 40lb for the harness!

My 20 month old is still in her infant car seat :blush:

Shes getting treated to a new car seat next month lol

Augustmum .......well done :) some mums do it to early! I cringe when I see a tiny baby forward facing!! My eldest was tiny and was in his infant seat at 14 months although 8 yrs ago infant seats were only up to 20lb!
I also cringe when I see little 3 yr olds on a backless booster seats!! Some people don't realise the dangers!!

I think it's done too early because people aren't aware that they need to be 9 months AND 9kg. My LO is only just 20lb so shes only just gone into the weight range to go forward facing anyway even though she's 20 months.

Most shops you can just say your LO is 9 months and are told it's fine. It's only beacuse I managed to hear about ERF that I knew any different. I do feel a bit bad that my LO has been in the same seat for almost 2 years though lol. She's not going to know what to do with herself in the new seat! Im going for a Britax first class as it's rear facing until 13kg. That'll keep her going until shes at least 3! lol.

Thanks ladies, maybe I'll wait a while then. She is nearly 20lbs but only 6.5 months!

I'll maybe wait until she's 9 months then....unless her head starts to stick over the top in the meantime lol xx

Yeah if her head sticks over the top it's best to move her over :) If she wasn't 9 months before that happens maybe think about something like the britax first class so you can keep her rear facing until she hit 9 months. It's all about the muscles in their necks when in an accident not being strong enough before 9 months. x

Thanks hun :) much appreciated! I'll see how we go then! She's quite long....OHs tall so think she gets it off him!

I'll keep my eye on it and see if we can stretch to 9 months :) thank you xx

We looked at the recaro seat as that's what infant seat we had we have the britax eclipse I think and it's great because t reclines which is great when lo falls asleep in the car!!!

M was to tall at 11 months so she went forward facing would have erf but she would scream blue murder for the whole journey

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back