forward facing car seat

foxymum

Reaction score
do any of you girls whose babies are aound Louies age ( 9 months yesterday!) know when you are going to move to the next stage car seat, ie forward facing? or have you already done it?

i thought it was 9 months, but have just read on the baby weekly tips that i get sent by email, that it is at least 20 lbs in weight & 1 year old?

Louie is quite small so still fits his car seat lovely, any advice girls?

I think it goes more on the weight than the age. I think its 9kg before they can go in one. Aimee was really tiny too and she weighed no where near that at 9 months but she was too long for her rear facing one. I was naughty and put her in it when she was under that weight but she is only just over that weight now at 18 months.

Harrys just been put into a forward facing one as he's too tall and big for his old one now, he's fine in it.

I put keeley in her forward facing one a couple of weeks ago as she was too long for her rear-facing one... :)

Mayb go to mothercare and ask an advisor

But i think as long as he's still comfortable and is under 20lbs then he should be ok still :D

How is your Lil man?
Happy belated 9 month birthday to Keeley and Louie yesterday :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug:

nic & keeley said:
I put keeley in her forward facing one a couple of weeks ago as she was too long for her rear-facing one... :)

Mayb go to mothercare and ask an advisor

But i think as long as he's still comfortable and is under 20lbs then he should be ok still :D

How is your Lil man?
Happy belated 9 month birthday to Keeley and Louie yesterday :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug:

aawwww thanks hun,
yes happy belated 9 month birthday to the two of them, Louie is fine thanks hun. how is Keeley? is she moving around now? PM me if you want.xx

they are ment to be able to sit un aided for a while before they go in a foward facing car seat

We are still rear-facing as Ellie hasn't quite reached 20lb in weight. She might have now but she certainly hadn't 1 month ago. She grew out of her Mamas and Papas seat at around 6-7months old so we got one which can go rear and forward facing so that we could keep her rear-facing until she reached the 20lb mark.
Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back