Teething and refusing food?

misscrazycooki

Reaction score
My son has got two bottom teeth and is getting through his top teeth at the moment. He will happily eat biscuits and crisps, but come his meal nope. I'm worrying as I don;t like resorting back to a bottle of milk as he is nearly one. Is it ok to still give him a bottle of milk if he won't eat his food x

I always did with my eldest and still do now if she's off her food. Would also see if she would ave a smoothie for some fruit sugars. Like s when they aren't feeling to great they will be off their food. Milk can at least give them fluid, fat, calcium etc so will keep them going. You could also try the teething powders or calpol just before mealtimes to see if that helps x

Oscar has just been through this exact phase hun.

Only advice I can offer is don't get too frustrated, whatever he eats is a bonus. More relaxed I am the more Oz eats. I've found if I don't give much of a snack between breakfast and lunch he usually eats more and I do his main meal at dinner time rather than evening when he's usually a bit more tired etc. Some days are better than others, but he just cut a tooth last week that we've been waiting for since October!!! And since then he's been eating his meals alot better.

I think when it's something nice like biscuits it's worth the discomfort lol

Try not to worry though, Oz was only having a few spoonfuls sometimes but now he's eating 1/2 to all his meal since the tooth cut through!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back