• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

for you first time moms

roxane 1985

Reaction score
hi ive put this post up as ive noticed just like i myself did when i was having my first, that lots of first time moms are wondering what to expecting, how much to feed and nappy changes they should do.

Well this is y second but s my artners first and he started asing question such as those but then said he felt really stupid for asking and didnt want people thinking he wasnt capabe so i hunted hi and low for some decent books on what to expect that are very honest and thought i would share it with you ladies incase there was any of you that wanted to get some light reading done before the big day just to give you a little idea incase you didnt want to keep asking friends and family.

the first is from the range of 'dummies' books called 'parenting for dummies' by helen brown and gives you little blocks of information from birth to 9 yrs on discipline, routines, health, going to school, having a second baby amd introducing it, safety, potty training, but all the info is really easy to read, comes in blocks so you dont read loads of useless bits.

2nd one is called your baby week by week by simone cave and dr caroline fertleman and this tells yu wat to expect each week for the first 24 weeks from what the poo should look like, hw to feed, how much to feed each week (actually giving you a rough amount and how often)how often to expect wet and soiled nappies a day, which health experts you sould expect to visit your home, how much sleep your baby should roughly be having including naps, how to bathe and how often and also roughly what you should expect to go through such as bleed, p/depression etc.

sorry for the long post hope it helps i know i wish id had these first time round but going to refresh my memory and read them anyway

good luck to you all xxxxx

i found them really good when i was having a look through, tried looking for some others for OH but they were very hard to read, lts of pointless bits etc etc but these were good for hints tips and snips of info, also quite cheap if off amazon

wow that great.....i'm going out later to see if i can buy them. :)

I bought the parenting for dummies book for my brother and his wife when they were expecting a few years ago. Hopefully they'll lend it to us once we make the news public!

This is a really helpful tip so thanks will definitely go and source them. Hubby was saying he was a bit worried today that he didn't know more "useful" info and I agreed. We know what we have to buy, how to look after our health but practical info like nappy changing, rashes, temperatures etc were clueless lol! Lots of time to do bedtime reading!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back