• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For mums with little boys

nori

Reaction score
Hi mums,

I'm having a small problem changing little Ollie.. As soon as the nappy is off, he is spraying everywhere! I cup his willy when it happens but its geting silly (funny but silly) He does it a couple of times during each change.

Any Tips?

Claire x

i think you can buy little 'covers' for their bits to stop that.............

ahh haa!! Pee Pee TeePee

t_790.jpg

tip that seems to have worked for my 2 boys is open the front of their nappy and let the air hit it for a min or so, (this for some reason seems to stimulate them to wee!!!) Cover back up for a couple mins til the deed is done and then change the nappy properly.
It's certainly not a definite fix but it has minimised accidents in our house.

and my OH would prob tell you after 1 bad experience to always keep your mouth shut when pulling faces and changing a boys nappy :rotfl:

nazmomi said:
tip that seems to have worked for my 2 boys is open the front of their nappy and let the air hit it for a min or so, (this for some reason seems to stimulate them to wee!!!) Cover back up for a couple mins til the deed is done and then change the nappy properly.

and my OH would prob tell you after 1 bad experience to always keep your mouth shut when pulling faces and changing a boys nappy :rotfl:
thats what i have always done, dont take the nappy right off but allow the air to get to it then cover up then change :D

Thanks ladies, he's hating the nappy changing and screams the place down.. im hoping that calms down as i may have social services round at this rate!

Claire x

:lol: sorry i really remember those days!!

you have to be super quick - practice makes perfect you'll be a pro in a few days xx

just one other thing Claire, are you putting him straight onto a cold mat or is it one with a liner, if so it maybe worth putting a towel or something under him first as he may not like the cold plastic on his little bottom :wink:

Speaking from an experience I had last week, don't change him next to the stereo/surround sound system/tv as James managed to hit all three when I changed him!!!!!

I like those pee pee teepees!!!!

Sarah xxx

ha ha, those peepee tee pee's are awsome!!

He'll grow out of it, once Corey hit about a month old, mabey before then I cant remember, he stoped doing it, now its only very occasionally.

Thats the anoying thing with boys... and it goes everywhere, like a hose!! :lol:

I can normally tell now if Calum is gona have a pee, i peel the nappy down slowly and then if its looking rather plump then no his going to pee so hold his willy down on the nappy until his done it, if it takes ages then i normally put a wet wipe on the top of it to stop it spraying everywhere!!

Sam&Alice said:
i think you can buy little 'covers' for their bits to stop that.............

ahh haa!! Pee Pee TeePee

t_790.jpg

Never seen these but maybe they werent arounf when Ben was born in 2002.
A great idea I think as little bots are terrible for it, been sprayed many a time :lol:

As others have said wait for a few seconds to see if they're gonna wee and make sure you hold their willy down as you change them because it's certain they will wee. Boys are a nightmare in the first few weeks :lol:

After 4-5 incidents :shock: I now either undo the nappy and leave it open a little bit to check if he's gona spray or I have started putting a baby wipe over his 'peepee' as soon as I open the old nappy, then i take the nappy away and clean his bum first then that last and whip the new nappy on asap :lol:

nazmomi said:

Thats what I was going to say!! Thats what I did with my lads!! And what Hen said! Put a towel on the mat (if you dont already!)
LMAO at them xmas Pee pee Teepee's hahaha :rotfl:

We've never had that problem tbh. I think he's peed once :lol:

My mum used to chuck a flannel over my brothers willy area at changing times :) A warm towel is nice in the winter and catches the pee... and is also a dam sight cheaper than commercial pee catchers... as well as being able to get multiple flannels... AND they won't just fall off if they really kick up a fuss :D

oh my son last night poo'd loads through his nappy all down his legs i mean were does he store all that. :lol:

then i notice this morning he managed to poo more so i started changing him then i just rubbed some baby oil on him and he wee'd all over so i started cleaning him again, and HE WEE'D EVEN MORE ALL I HIS HAIR HIS CLOTHES he only had a bath last night :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back