Foot Print Failure.... :-(

munchkin1982

Reaction score
So, we had a go at doing Layla's hand and foot prints today and failed....

Hand prints just didn't happen as she kept he hands tightly closed into a fist as soon as paint was on! As for the foot... well, better success but still not as I had imagined! Here is a picture of the 5 best ones - Top left one being the absolute best!

How do you get perfect prints at home of their tiny hands! Any advice greatly received! As you can see from the black card that the prints are on, my idea was making "cards" for the family (adding a pic of Layla next to foot print) that they can frame if they wish.

Attachments

• SDC13928 (480x640).jpg
    SDC13928 (480x640).jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 15
They done Tegan hand and foot prints at baby group last week the feet weren't to bad But the hands were a disaster as she also just put her hand into a fist x

aaawww bless her... I have such great ideas in my head for how things should look etc and turn out but it didn't quite work lol x

That's a lovely photo :) Are you going to try again soon?
I'm sure you'll get better hand prints soon. I doubt a finger painter made a masterpiece their first time round ;) xxx

Can you try when she's asleep?! I only say that cos when A's asleep his hands are spread out. Might be worth a try. I'm gonna attempt this sometime this week so if I figure it out I'll let you know!

That's a lovely photo :) Are you going to try again soon?
I'm sure you'll get better hand prints soon. I doubt a finger painter made a masterpiece their first time round ;) xxx

Aaawww, thank you... I guess I assumed it to be a "failure" as they came out pretty smudgy... lol xxx

Can you try when she's asleep?! I only say that cos when A's asleep his hands are spread out. Might be worth a try. I'm gonna attempt this sometime this week so if I figure it out I'll let you know!

Hey chick - yeah I though about that as Layla is the same... her hands are spread out when she sleeps, only trouble is, reading up on it, it appears to wake them so could be problematic...

Are you doing it with paints like I did today? I also have a "special wipe" to use at some point too. I bought it off ebay... seems like a great idea but will update you all on whether that works and if it is any better!

Here's the link... just incase you want to try it too... (if you haven't already got it of course haha!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Baby-Handprin...es_Toys_CA&hash=item4840146d6c#ht_3280wt_1139

Oh, and I found you the Blue version hunni! Lol xxx

Aha thanks!! Never thought about getting it off tinternet I'm gonna get one now woohoo!
Aidens really hard to wake up, Lee knocked loads over in his room the other night, made such a racket and he didn't even stir! Sleeps like his momma that one does :) it's worth a try though, maybe do it just before she's due her first feed that way if it does wake her it won't really matter. Unless shes really grumpy if she's woken accidentally lol

I'll take a picture of Tegans tomorrow then you'll see what a failure they were lol xx

LOL, yeah, will certainly give anything a go! I want those damn prints!!!! Haha! For myself and for family hehe! You are supposed to get up to 14 or 16 prints out of just one wipe if you work fairly quickly apparently! I think it's an amazing thing if it does really work... goes on clear and then comes out on card/paper/material in the colour you have chosen ie Pink/Blue/Green/Purple!!! And no mess...??? Even better I say! LOL, God, can you tell I've worked in sales before? I hope that lady is grateful for me promoting her! Haha! Not that she would know anyway! xxx

aaawww, ZMD - have you had a look at the link I posted for Stacey? I'm going to have a go with that, and i'll let you know how I get on... maybe worth a try? xx

Ooh looks good. I can't wait to have a go now!!

Put hardly any paint on Paiges hands and feet. I put a handprint inside the mothers day card for my mum (from Paige though) and put mininal paint on. Seems to make a better print :)

ooohhh, thanks Melio :) will have to try that, I did the whole dip hand/foot into a saucer of paint lol ;-) may have to buy a small brush to paint on a minimal amount and try that. I love the gold and pink metallic paints we got from the ELC to do this with and on the Black card I think they will look great... it's just getting them to "print" properly.... more like the top left one in the pic! xx

Yeah deffinatly try less. Ink makes good prints cause it just puts a minimal amount on..that was my logic on it anyway lol. Hope it goes well next time :D

I tried those wipes and they're good because they don't make the foot slippery like paint does! When mine were really little I did them while they were asleep, but when they got a bit older (I've done hundreds :lol:) I found it easiest doing it on a table, holding them upright and standing them onto the paper (obviously holding them when they couldn't stand). Or I'd get hubby to stand and hold them and grab the foot with both hands so I can hold the leg still with one and push down on the toes etc. with the other!

aaawww, that's fab hun :) I'm so glad you've tried the wipes out! Gives me a little more faith in them now :) hehe! will post my next try out so you can all see what you think then! :) xxx

i put the paper on edge of table and roll amelias hand on put palm edge on edge of table then rolled t on if that makes sense x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back