Foods you don't like

moss

Reaction score
Do you serve foods you dislike or even HATE to your children? My husband and I are vegetarian, so we eat most vegetables, but we both despise brussel sprouts with a passion! There are a few other things here and there, but it made me wonder, is it okay to skip those as part of the weaning and feeding in general, as long as the diet as a whole is very varied and balanced? We aren't picky, but we both HATE sprouts and maybe dislike a couple of other things. I don't want to train him to have any food prejudices, but I think even serving those would teach him not to like them! Argh! YUCK!

DD loves broccoli and I can't stand the stuff :puke: I am gradually (and grudgingly) getting used to the smell of it in the house :puke: She had it at a friend's house and loved it so much I feel obliged to give it to her. Though it was handy at the time as she ate my broccoli so I didn't have to :lol:

As long as the diet is varied and balanced don't worry about it - there will be lots of foods you don't give him just because you don't think to as they are less common. I doubt even now as an adult I have tried every food in the supermarket :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back