food!!!

suzzi

Reaction score
:shock: im confused as to what cheese i can and cant eat, i love feta and wenslydale and riocotta am i allowed these while pregnant also can i eat colslaw with mayo??

I think you can eat wensleydale as its a hard cheese but not feta. You can eat coleslaw if the mayo isn't homemade, so most shop bought is fine.

x

You can eat all pasturised cheese (it will say on the packaging and if I remember rightly feta isn't pasturised) and as pinky said re coleslaw :)

Ok i have just had to look up about feta cheese and according to websites i have looked at its fine to eat it. Good job really as i have been eating it as i was told it was safe.

Just found this on baby center
Safe cheeses in pregnancy
Hard cheeses: smoked versions, caerphilly, cheddar, cheshire, derby, double gloucester, edam, emmental, English goat's cheddar, feta, gouda, gruyere, halloumi, havarti, jarlsberg, lancashire, manchego, orkney, paneer, parmesan, pecorino (hard), provolone, red leicester.

Soft, processed cheeses: garlic and herb roulade, cottage cheese, cream cheese, feta, goat's cheese without a white rind, mascarpone, mozzarella, processed cheese (such as cheese spread and cheese segments), quark, ricotta.

Yoghurts, probiotic drinks, fromage frais, soured cream and creme fraiche are all safe to eat. These include any variety, including natural, flavoured and live versions.
Unsafe cheeses in pregnancy
Mould-ripened soft cheeses: brie, blue brie, cambozola, camembert, chaumes, chevre (goat's cheese with a white rind), pont l'eveque, taleggio, vacherin-fribourgeois.

Blue-veined cheeses: bergader, bleu d'auvergne, blue wensleydale, shropshire blue, danish blue, dolcelatte, gorgonzola, roncal, roquefort, stilton, tomme.

Soft, unpasteurised cheese, including goat's and sheep's cheeses: chabichou, pyramide, torta del cesar.

thanks for that its much clearer now x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back