Following on from my TMI post...

lisaspoon

Reaction score
Just to keep you updated....

after being worried about leaking fluid (as I was bit damp down below past 3/4 weeks) my OH pursuaded me to phone our triage unit...and they are soooo nice :cheer:
She reassured me its probably just a normal increase in discharge/sweating etc but if I like I can come up to the hospital and get a swab done to check.... so am going up after work to see them...

she did say because I'm 26 weeks the doctor with have to do it and it will be done with a spectulum and a swab taken.. :shock: take it this is ok?! kinda freaked a little when she mention sticking something up there.... dont know why!!!!
I take it having this done doesnt cause any problems like bleeding etc....

sorry i'm freaking for no reason....... :oops: :oops: :oops:

hiya,

i had swabs done with my last pregnancy, i must have had about 20 cuz they thought my waters had gone, so from that you can probably tell it doesnt cause any bleeding.
the spectulum is a little uncomfortable, the only way i can describe it is its a bit like a willy :lol: and they turn a handle to open your vagina, stick the cotton on a stick in and its all done, try not to tense up cuz it hurts more, i learnt this.

hope this helps and doesnt scare you to much

I had to have one a couple of weeks ago and had loads during my pregnancy with Brody - all will be fine :D
As mummy - ov-2 says, try to relax as much as possible (easier said than done I know!) but it will be much easier!

Just remember to shave your legs etc - that was the most embarrassing part for me :oops: :lol:

thanks girls :)

i'm plannin to go home first and have a quick...er..."tidy up!!!" :lol: not easy down below now cause of bump :oops:

get your OH to help, i used to, he thought it was great haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back