Bleeding?!

Flame

Reaction score
I went to the hospital this afternoon as i was leaking a lot of fluidy stuff and the midwife took a swab and checked that it wasnt my waters that had gone. She said that it wasnt and that after the she had done the swab i would probably notice some bleeding.

Well i am but it is more than i thought it would be. Its brown not red though so old blood i know, but should i contact them again tomorrow if it is still as heavy? anyone else experianced this?

sure she hasnt started u in labour hun because i bleed with both mine just before i went into labour

I dont know. I dont think i am :? Got no pain or anything.

hun, if it carries on i would get it checked out...

after i had a internal last week i bled, and i was worried cos i wasnt told.. but if you are bleeding quite a lot then do get it checked.. like mary said she could have started you off and it be the start of your plug maybe..

keep us posted! :hug:

Am i wrong for wanting it to be that she has started it off? :?

Probably should just to put your mind at rest! :hug: Sure she knew what she was doing and would no have given you a sweep without telling you!

She told my mum that she didnt touch my cervix and it was just a swab cotton bud type thing she used so i doubt she would have given me a sweep.

The only other thing is that i am worried now that i may need to have an anti D jab again cause of the bleeding even though the midwife said i wouldnt cause she didnt touch my cervix.

Gaaahhhh why do i have to be such a bloomin worry wart!!!! :roll:

hope all is well, good luck! x x x
Flame said:
Gaaahhhh why do i have to be such a bloomin worry wart!!!! :roll:
we're all worry-worts! :hug:

I think you should call them if you are still wiping blood in the morning. Like you say if it's brown it's probably only old blood but better to be sure.

:hug:

I think you should give the MW a buzz tomorrow if you're still bleeding hun, I had a little bleed at 5pm on the day I went into labour.....but then I knew it was the real deal as I was 4 days late and started getting regular contractions an hour and a half later.

Also re: Anti D - you should be covered by your most recent injection, as it covers you for about 6 weeks.

Hope you're doing ok....and no not a problem to secretly hope its the start of things, at your stage I was more than ready to get myself all unpregnant and cuddling my little chica :D

Thanks girls your all great
:hug:

I shall give them a ring in the morning if it is still happening.

It seems to have nearly completely stopped now but yesterday i had some jelly type stuff on my tissue when i wiped a couple of times after i went to the toilet but that seems to have stopped to.

This baby isnt coming anytime soon i dont think.

Hi

Glad its stopped now hun, maybe the jelly was your show??
Katrina

Hi, the same thing happened to me. i had a swab at 38+1 and 6 days later my little boy was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back