Folic Acid??

Jadey_404

Reaction score
Sorry about all my questions!!

Just wondering do Tesco sell Folic acid? Is it expensive and how many do you take a day?

If tesco do sell it ill go get some now. Thanks Rach for advising me to take it i didnt realise it was so important.

Jade :eek:

Yes is it so important hun!!
You can get it off your doctor for free or buy it and yes you can get it in tescos. The local chemist also does it, think it was only 99p for three months in mine. You should get the 4mg, or if there is spina bifida in your family, you should get the higher dose of 5mg.
I can't stress how important it is when ttc, good luck and lots of babydust!

xox

Hi I got 3 months worth of Folic Acid from Superdrug for £1.99 I think. Although since I've been taking it I have noticed that I have started to feel faint and sick everyday? Does anybody else get this or is it just me lol?
Also, I saw some Pregnacare vitamins as well, are these recommended to take?

Pregnacare are good to take but you dont have to! If you have a healthy balanced diet then you should get enough vitamins, minerals etc from that. Folic acid is most important, I get mine on prescription from the Dr as it is free, otherwise you can buy it in any Supermarket, chemist etc. :D

dita_parlo said:
Hi I got 3 months worth of Folic Acid from Superdrug for £1.99 I think. Although since I've been taking it I have noticed that I have started to feel faint and sick everyday? Does anybody else get this or is it just me lol?
Also, I saw some Pregnacare vitamins as well, are these recommended to take?

Intially i was feeling sickly with folic acid but it did go away. I find the Sainsburys brand is good for me whereas the Tesco one makes me feel ill :think:
As for Pregnacare, i stopped taking them because i kept feeling very faint and dizzy. As a vegan i worry about getting the right nutrients but my GP seems to think my diet is very good and there's no need for supplements at this moment (apart from folic acid). Good luck and shop around :hug:

I take Tesco Pregnancy Multivitamins and minerals for all stages of pregnancy. You can take them from TTC until you've finished breast feeding!

They only cost £2.28 for 30 tablets and its even better when you can get them delivered to your door with the shopping - it avoids meeting anyone you know at the shop with TTC written all over your face!

So your getting the extra 400mg of FA plus, all the other minerals like iron, calcium etc. Well worth it!

taking the tesco vits but as they contain iron, they made me seriously ill! I couldnt eat for the sickness so had to stop lol!
Got some free folic acid off the docs instead! :D

i just take the superdrug own think it was only about 1.70 something like that for 3 months supply xxx

lea m said:
taking the tesco vits but as they contain iron, they made me seriously ill! I couldnt eat for the sickness so had to stop lol!
Got some free folic acid off the docs instead! :D

Maybe you get enough iron in your diet already? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back