Folic Acid

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by TTC1985, Feb 4, 2016.

1. TTC1985

TTC1985 Well-Known Member

Following our first doctors appt regarding our TTC issues, the Doctor told me to start taking folic acid which I have been doing now for almost one complete month.

I think this may have lengthened my cycles? Has anyone else had this?

I typically have a 28 day cycle, albeit the last few months its been 24/25/26. Day 26 is today and I think (i no longer track O) that I O'vd yesterday or day before. Typically I was O'ing day 18 / 19.

Perhaps I am worrying unnecessarily but I just hope it hasn't started to mess with my cycles ....

Any experiences?

Thank you

2. madsticks

madsticks Well-Known Member

My cycles are all over the place, however, when taking folic acid for a full cycle have always been the longer ones. 36 - 44 days. Don't know why it does it though X X X

3. JD.Deedee

JD.Deedee Well-Known Member

I think shorter cycles are more likely a failed implantation leading to a bleed than anything to do with folic acid. Folic acid is advised to be taken from 3 months prior to ttc where possible. With me 23-26 day cycles were too short too conceive resulting in early bleed and little and short bleeds. I conceived after 4-5 months. I had a coil beforehand and didn't bleed at all whilst on coil x