Foetal cardiac scan...

NatEvz

Reaction score
Ive been offered a full foetal cardiac scan at leeds royal infirmary, which i will have to travel from rotherham for, as my brother has a heart defect, so the hospital referred me for the scan. Has anyone else had one on their baby?xxx

hi yeah we have had one as our baby has decided that she wants to stop growing and we have also had doppler and growth scans every week and will have til the bump gets here, we also had an amnio to check for chromosome disorders xx

Nope sorry not had one, to tell you about it, but great that they will check baby out fully because of your family history, go for it , shame about the travel tho

I was originally told at my 12 week scan that I would need one and would have to go to Liverpool for it. I live in Lancashire!? but then, at my 20 week scan I was told that my consultant had decided that if the 20 week scan didnt pick up any defects then I wouldnt need one. Luckily 20 week scan was all good so I didnt get one in the end. Maybe this is what will happen to you ??!
I have to see the cardiologist for myself tho as Im the one with the heart defect! going to see them in a couple of weeks but fingers crossed everything will be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back