Flying

Lynseysg

Reaction score
Hello Girls!

I am just looking for others opinion on this if anyone can help. Currently living in Singapore and OH contract is due to finish in mid July. I am due end Aug/beginning of Sept, so would need to fly home before him.

I have a couple of short flights prior to this that the Dr has said is no problem, however i have not yet discussed with him what the best time would be to do the journey home - as its a long one (14 hours direct or 7 plus 7 through Dubai). I know it all depends on how my pregnanacy progresses etc as to what he will say. I have read that the best time to fly long Haul is between 14 - 28 weeks.........airlines then have their own policies.

I just really want to go home. And although i'll miss my OH terribly i have a very strong urge to be home and feel more secure around my mum and sister.......i spend a lot of time alone out here.

I decided that if all goes well ill go home end May, beginning June when ill be around 28 /29 weeks. Im just interested to know your opinions on when you would do this journey or would it not trouble you?

My other fear is leaving it too late and getting stuck here - as i would not want to do this journey with the baby, ive read this isnt a good idea for 6 months - and i definatly do not want to be here for another 12 months.

Sorry for going on a little, can you tell im troubled. Id really appreciate opinions please.........thank you!!!!
xx

Hello Girls!

I am just looking for others opinion on this if anyone can help. Currently living in Singapore and OH contract is due to finish in mid July. I am due end Aug/beginning of Sept, so would need to fly home before him.

I have a couple of short flights prior to this that the Dr has said is no problem, however i have not yet discussed with him what the best time would be to do the journey home - as its a long one (14 hours direct or 7 plus 7 through Dubai). I know it all depends on how my pregnanacy progresses etc as to what he will say. I have read that the best time to fly long Haul is between 14 - 28 weeks.........airlines then have their own policies.

I just really want to go home. And although i'll miss my OH terribly i have a very strong urge to be home and feel more secure around my mum and sister.......i spend a lot of time alone out here.

I decided that if all goes well ill go home end May, beginning June when ill be around 28 /29 weeks. Im just interested to know your opinions on when you would do this journey or would it not trouble you?

My other fear is leaving it too late and getting stuck here - as i would not want to do this journey with the baby, ive read this isnt a good idea for 6 months - and i definatly do not want to be here for another 12 months.

Sorry for going on a little, can you tell im troubled. Id really appreciate opinions please.........thank you!!!!
xx

I think you best doing the trip when you think you'll still be comfortable, most airlines let you fly until 32 weeks at least even long haul.. some upto 36 weeks but it just depends if your comfortable waiting that long. Also thats obviously as long as you have no complications in your pregnancy.
I live in Turkey and I plan on going home to uk to have my baby too, it means me and my son leaving my husband for about 3 months but i know like you i will be more comfortable in the uk, plus im also on my own alot here.
Im flying at 33 weeks, but only because my turkish visa runs out and i have to, if possible i would of waited until 36 but mines only a 4hour flight. Although I do have lots of travelling to and from airports too.
You would have to get intouch with whatever airline you are flying with and ask them there regulations. I think if your woried you may be better off going earlier so your home and secure.

Also most airlines let you fly with newborns from 1 weeks old. I flew with my son when he was 6 weeks and he was fab, but hes a really good traveller.

Hope you get sorted and manage to get home xx

Thanks for that.

I'd be flying with Singapore air and there policy is exactly as you say, around 32 weeks with a drs note.

I'm just concearned if there are later complications and he changes his mind. They are extremly paranoid over here with everything!

I really don't want to be without oh for a long time but just think it's safer to fly earlier and be home, but worried I was being paranoid..........I just dont want to get stuck here!!!
X

Thanks for that.

I'd be flying with Singapore air and there policy is exactly as you say, around 32 weeks with a drs note.

I'm just concearned if there are later complications and he changes his mind. They are extremly paranoid over here with everything!

I really don't want to be without oh for a long time but just think it's safer to fly earlier and be home, but worried I was being paranoid..........I just dont want to get stuck here!!!
X

I think if your a worrier your best of going earlier! Especially as you never know whats going to happen with baby and if you have any complication no matter how small doctors are really funny about you flying.
Im not worried if I end you having baby here I do have alot of support and I know my mum etc would fly over as soon as she could, so if anything happens I wont be completely alone, for you I think if your worried you should go early. It means being away from your OH but the time will fly while your sorting doctors and baby stuff etc xx

I thnk you right, thank you. I have string desire to be home and I think the sooner the better, just need to decide when. I suppose I need to ask dr tomo at my apt.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back