Flying

Jade89

Reaction score
When is it not ok to fly? My mum is going Spain next week or sometime soon for 2 nights and I really want to go but i'll be about 32 weeks pregnant or so will I be okay to fly?

most airlines do not allow you to fly without a doctors letter after 28 weeks ( i only just got to emigrate lol) and even then you cant fly at all on pretty much all airlines after 34 weeks.

Bare in mind that you would need a new drs letter to get home too!

I think it depends on the airline, i went to spain in June and i was blatently PG and they didnt even ask me how many weeks i was or mention it at all.
Some airlines its a no no after 28 weeks but others its fine untill 34 weeks.

stokemum keep us posted on this topic as i find it interesting.
Let us know if you can fly or no and what airline! :hug: my lifes so sad things like this interest me.

I'm interested too!
I want to go to Scotland, but am unsure about the airline letting me. How do you get a doctors letter for the way back? Or is that a very stupid q?!

no its not stupid coz i want to know that too. :think: wait a minute maybe it is stupid then

:rotfl:

We are off to scotland next week but we are driving :D

that wil take a you a fair time Cassi. What part of bonny scotland are you going?

Yep we will do half the journey thursday night and stay in a travellodge in northern eng then do the rest the next morning :D

Edinburgh...then we will spend a day in Kilmarnock nr glasgow meeting the rest of the inlaws :shock:

well i dont know what airline were going with yet but i found this and it sounds pretty reasonable...

Expectant mothers travelling on a Thomas Cook Airlines flight can be accepted for travel up to 28 weeks without a medical certificate. When travelling between 29 - 34 weeks a medical certificate confirming the number of weeks of pregnancy is required confirming that you are fit to fly. Pregnant passengers cannot be accepted for travel after week 34, and so all return flights have to be completed no later than week 34. All medical certification must be supplied by a doctor - medical certificates completed by a registered midwife cannot be accepted.

Ive flew 6 times all together while being pregnant, all to spain, and the last time i flew i was only about 21 weeks pregnant and it wasn't very visable so i diddn't get asked questions or anything, but i don't see that my doctor will have a problem writing me out a certificate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back