Fleas!?

Rachaellius

Reaction score
FFS my cat has fleas! I suspect from a hedgehog we keep getting in our garden :roll:

We've already tried frontline and he has a flea collar but it's not got rid of them. Anyone recommend any good treatments for the cat and my carpets?

Ta x

I wouldn't bother with a flea collar tbh.

Ask your vet for an alternative to frontline, maybe stronghold or advocate (apply monthly), as well as a spray for the house. Ideally the house spray should be left down for as long as possible, overnight if you can. Make sure you do the whole house and get into every nook.and cranny. Then ventilate well and vacuum thoroughly.

Wash all your pets bedding or anything they lie on alot on a really hot wash.

It would be a good idea to treat for worms too as fleas are an intermediate host for tapeworm, then treat for worms every three months.

Hope this helps

XX

Advocate!

We use it on our cat and never had fleas xx

Another vote for Advocate.

We don't use it anymore as Amber is an indoor cat and only has access to a few balconies and the rooftop

xxxxxxxxx

Thankyou! Advocate, that's the name I was looking for. Looks like tomorrow is going to be a fun day de-fleaing! lol. Thanks girls :) xx

There is an excellent flea spray (I think it's like £25 for a can though! :O ) you can get from your vets.

It's also worth looking into whether your Vets do a pay-monthly scheme whereby you pay a fixed sum (like insurance) and for that you get yearly booster vaccines, check up, and flea and worm treatments.

There is an excellent flea spray (I think it's like £25 for a can though! :O ) you can get from your vets.

It's also worth looking into whether your Vets do a pay-monthly scheme whereby you pay a fixed sum (like insurance) and for that you get yearly booster vaccines, check up, and flea and worm treatments.

Another thumbs up for Advocate here too. It works and is a wormer too. Id use a spray on your house initially to break the flea cycle but after that advocate on the cat should be enough to keep them at bay.

Also we do the pay monthly scheme at our vets. It include two health checks a year, booster, all our flea and worming stuff and a discount on treatment/drugs should our cats need any. It dies actually save on the cost over a year.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back