Flat head

kelly'n'jack

Reaction score
jacks head is slightly flat on the right side which i no is quite common but he tends to always look this way and not to his left even if i shake a rattle on his left side. my midwife has suggested i see my doctor and also do lots of tummy time but jack hates this!!
does any one have any advice or experience of this?

Harry was always like this (doesnt have any flat bits though) he also hates tummy time, my HV just told me to persevere (SP?) with him & he will start to move alot more its just beacause of the way he must of been lying inside me & he has he's a fidgeit (SP?) now! Also tummy time is quite important, I put Harry on his tummy & sit with him, he cries but I dont give in, its good for their neck muscles HV said

Hi,

Elliott had such a flat head at 12 weeks that we got a refferral but didn't see that Dr until he was 8 months and it had actually rounded itself mostly. He said that most baby's heads round themselves once they're not lying on their backs all the time but I wish we had been told about tummy time right from the beginning. I think it's worth you getting him checked out though because babies can have something where one muscle on one side of the neck is more taut than the other, I think it's called torticulis or something like that. Someone on here's baby had that whoch caused her to have lie on one side and get a flat head and so she was just given some head and neck exercises to do to sort the muscle out (it's nothing to be scared of). As you say that he doesn't like turning his head that way it might be worth asking for a refferal earlier rather than waiting to see if tummy time makes a difference if you see what I mean?

I'll have a look and see if I can find the earlier threads for you
+++

thank you rosebay, will take jack to the doctors tomorrow but i am a bit worried still! just worried it has affected his neck muscles! will let u no what the doc says

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back