FlapJack, Jack & Jill, Jackass....

well as my son is called jack ;) i thought id comment too. ive got to admit thats the one thing about his name that i dont like. tho tbh i didnt realise at the time how popular the name really is. coz other than on the forum i dont actually know any other jacks :lol: . But regardless i still love the name and it was one of the only ones me and the OH could actually agree on. at the end of the day i think you should have a name that you both love not just what your OH does

tho i think the Jackass comment is a little harsh. but prehaps thats coz i hate jackass :wink:

How about as a middle name?
Your son's name shoud be a name you BOTH like I think, Jack is a beautiful and strong name, I don't think it will ever be anything but popular for that reason :D
We want names that we don't have memories of, we want our children to have unique names to us, and obviously names we like, but it wouldn't stop us choosing a popular name, if we didn't know anyone with it, if that makes sense? :lol:
Very best wishes :hug:

My name is Sophie. It has been near the top of the popular names lists for a few years (number 5 and 6 usually)

I hear loads of little girls named Sophie when I am out shopping. But am glad my mom named me it as I love it.

Jack is extremely popular. As been for a good few years and cannot see that changing for a while. Unless it does suffer a Dave fate ( :rotfl: That made me giggle, Sharons, Traceys, Daves and kevins!)

Don't feel you were rude to anyone. You didn't single out anyone who has called their son Jack and say they were wrong for doing so.

My son is Tyler. I think there are two others in his school. I still love it and always will. It's not extremely popular. Just relatively.

Good luck with choosing a name you both love :)

:think: I love Jack but if you tried to make it "Jack with a twist" (i.e Giacomo (Jack-o-mo) ) I think he might get teased more than if you call him Jack... :wink:

I know a couple of Jack's.... never called them Jackass... might start now though! :shhh: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

we had jack on our short list for ds 2 and for this one but oh liked charlie better we were gonna call him jack william or charlie john but he got charlie william :evil: so that left us with jack john which doesnt go lol so we now have oliver john or we did consider oliver jack or jack oliver :think: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back