First Word???

Amanda W

Reaction score
This should be a fun thread

What was everyone's little ones first word and is there a story behind it??

First Word-Oi

Story-I was at my parents house and my dad had her on his knee her bottle was in arms reach and he was trying to turn her around but the bottle was in the way and she was gorping at it like she does next min my dad picks it up to move it out of the way and all we hear is the cutest little voice go OI we was in stitches laughing she started laughing too :lol:

Kids ahhh so funny xxx

The first word with meaning is mam mam, he only says it in the morning when he stands up in his cot n want me to wake up :clous9:
It's always dada dadi but I don't think he knows as I mainly say pappa about him x

Charley's 1st word was mumm. He says it when he's upset. He's started saying dada this week too and will shout dada at OH to get his attention

First word dadda, then mamma, babba then hiya so far. He has now learnt to say mummy and daddy instead of mamma and dadda now though he also recognizes us as those words too its so heart warming when he calls for us :)

marleys first word was "dadd...dadda....da" a mix of the three much to oh's delight, he's recently started saying "mamm...mammmmma" wooo for me, and he also says "iya"...now i dont know if thats from me saying "hiya" or from other half saying the italian word "iya" which literally means "owch!".... ???

Oz says 'mumumum mumumum' and holds his arms out to be picked up :cloud9: But I don't think he's actually saying 'mum' or trying to. He's only 6.5 mths old and he's been saying it for ages. I think he's just mumbling tbh!! But I still love it!

I'm worried about my LO now looking at the age of your LOs!! My LO doesn't really say anything!! Lots of sounds and clear whawha and bahbah which he says a lot!! Hubby said bahbah was dada but I'm not having it! X

I'm worried about my LO now looking at the age of your LOs!! My LO doesn't really say anything!! Lots of sounds and clear whawha and bahbah which he says a lot!! Hubby said bahbah was dada but I'm not having it! X

i wouldnt worry hun, my friends lo is a few weeks younger than marley and he isnt "talking" yet. my mum said i was a late talker but i made up for it as i never shut up!!! apart from these three "words" i mentioned my lo isnt really saying much either!!!

Don't worry hun, my LO doesn't say words, just mumbles, well shouts lol, noises. It sounds like mumumum but I think it's just a coincidence. Apparently babies make consonant sounds as they're learning, which is what Oscar does.

Most babies don't say their first proper word til their 10/11 months, so no need to worry. He's making noises which are normal xxxx

Lizzie makes a lot of 'mamama' noises but has no clue what it means :)

Her grandad is trying to get her to say 'bugger' as her first word....not sure how that would go down at baby group!

amelia isnt saying specific words yet bu her babbling is getting more defined and making more variety of sounds so dont think it will be long x

C calls me 'amma', it was hs first word with meaning, when he wants picking up he reaches up and wiggled his fingers like Maggie off The Simpsons, and says 'amma amma amma!'. He does the same thing with OH too but he is dada. :)

Jacobs first word was bloody makapaka!! Lucas his first word was 'mine' he got him from Jacob stealing everything he touched and saying mine!! Both their second word was mammy pronounced perfectly :cloud9: xx

Devon is not saying anything yet, he can be really quiet in sounds, or quite vocal.

Of course I say Mummy to him more than I say Daddy, as I don't want him to say Daddy first!!

All my other kids said Mummy as one of their first couple of words, Two of them it was the first word and my second son said Cat first. All of them word number 3 was a popular choice being NO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back