First trimester issues

Thomas Eacho

Reaction score
My wife is 7 weeks gst according to obgyn and measuring at 5. We were able to detect a heartbeat via transvaginal scan. We have a follow up in week to check status. We are scared of an eventual miscarriage. For peace of mind at all, has this ever happened to anyone ? This would be our first experience through pregnancy.

My wife is 7 weeks gst according to obgyn and measuring at 5. We were able to detect a heartbeat via transvaginal scan. We have a follow up in week to check status. We are scared of an eventual miscarriage. For peace of mind at all, has this ever happened to anyone ? This would be our first experience through pregnancy.
How was the OB GYN sure of her predicted 7 weeks? If she tracked ovulation, then she should be certain, but maybe your wife ovulated later than she thought and isn't as far along yet.x

She was using the last day of experienced period I presume. She did say it could be off. But what threw her off was the regularity previous experienced with my wife’s cycles. Just a lot of nerves at this point I suppose

She was using the last day of experienced period I presume. She did say it could be off. But what threw her off was the regularity previous experienced with my wife’s cycles. Just a lot of nerves at this point I suppose
IF going by last menstrual period she would be predicted as 7 weeks. However from conception would be measuring at 5 weeks. They can’t really give a good estimation of due date or how far along till the the dating scan. By the sounds of it she is fine for dates. I’d wait for next scan or tests but if was me I wouldn’t be worried.
A lot of women can get a little bleeding that appears to be the period when in fact is not.

I wouldn't worry too much yet. She could be off like she said so herself. Even if your wife is very regular, an ovulation could still be delayed by many factors.
When is your next ultrasound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back