First trimester issues

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Testing' started by Thomas Eacho, May 15, 2019.

1. Thomas Eacho

Thomas Eacho New Member

My wife is 7 weeks gst according to obgyn and measuring at 5. We were able to detect a heartbeat via transvaginal scan. We have a follow up in week to check status. We are scared of an eventual miscarriage. For peace of mind at all, has this ever happened to anyone ? This would be our first experience through pregnancy.

2. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

How was the OB GYN sure of her predicted 7 weeks? If she tracked ovulation, then she should be certain, but maybe your wife ovulated later than she thought and isn't as far along yet.x

3. Thomas Eacho

Thomas Eacho New Member

She was using the last day of experienced period I presume. She did say it could be off. But what threw her off was the regularity previous experienced with my wife’s cycles. Just a lot of nerves at this point I suppose

4. Lollypop79

Lollypop79 Well-Known Member

IF going by last menstrual period she would be predicted as 7 weeks. However from conception would be measuring at 5 weeks. They can’t really give a good estimation of due date or how far along till the the dating scan. By the sounds of it she is fine for dates. I’d wait for next scan or tests but if was me I wouldn’t be worried.
    A lot of women can get a little bleeding that appears to be the period when in fact is not.

5. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

I wouldn't worry too much yet. She could be off like she said so herself. Even if your wife is very regular, an ovulation could still be delayed by many factors.
    When is your next ultrasound?

6. Thomas Eacho

Thomas Eacho New Member

7. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Let's hope there is a bit more to see then. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!