First smiles

Kate1985

Reaction score
I'm still waiting :( Harry is 9 weeks old tomorrow but only 1 week 3 days corrected. When did your prem abides smile?xxx

I can't help I'm afraid but I hope he smiles soon for you :) maybe speak to your dr as the asked if Hannah was smiling at te 6 week check up.. So I imagine they must know when prem babies should start by too. Good luck xx

Sort I was just looking at a web page for my own babies milestones and at the bottom it said about prem babies taking longer to reach the milestones but it will happen soon :) xx

I'll check when I get home the date that Jacob 1st smiled, he was 5w+1 prem - it took longer than my nephew (who was 40w+6) and I remember thinking wow I wish he'd smile....

Never let anyone compare your little one to anyone else, as every baby develops at their own pace let alone a premmie x x

H was 5 weeks premature. He was smiling pretty much from the word go, but he was about 8 weeks (so 3 adjusted) before he'd properly look at us and consciously smile.

It can just take that bit longer for premature babies, you'll get there!

Aaron was about 8 weeks (4 adjusted - but he also has DS so not sure how much of a gauge that is) - 8 weeks prem is quite early, so just give him some more time

Solomon was 10 weeks (4 weeks corrected) infact most milestones seemed to take forever ha, but it's worth the wait and they will get there in the end. Can't wait till he's two and I can stop "correcting" his age x

Last edited:
Seb was 12 weeks (6 weeks adjusted), waiting really got me down. But he's now 20 weeks (so 14 adjusted) and the milestone delays already seem to be getting smaller. Like he may not be reaching and grabbing yet, but he babbles loads and is well on the way to sitting up. It gets easier, honest :)

Carrie x

Alex was actually 24 weeks (12 weeks corrected) and shes a cheeser!

Prem babies usually smile around 6 weeks after their due date don't worry Hunni he will smile :) xxx

its awesome feelings when our kids smiles at you.really the heaven like it.

My LO started smiling at 8 weeks. She would have been 4 weeks corrected. He'll smile, don't you worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back