First Response - How accurate?

penny_cole

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this site and have been ttc for 8 months now. Yesterday I was two days past af arrival so thought this could be it and did a First Response test early last night. Sadly it was negative. I am usually regular as clockwork but am I just kidding myself that I might be preggers? I keep reading how sensative these tests are but if I was preggers surely it would have detected it? What do you think invest in another test or am I wasiting my money.

I have had a light spotting but no af but I don't have any other symptoms apart from the usual low down pull and ache you get usually before af turns up.

Any advice would be grateful, I know every month i'm sure my mind plays tricks on me to convince me im preggers!!!

I don't have any other children so have no previous experience in this area so would love to hear from any others who have.

Thanks xxxx

Hi and welcome to TTC!

Maybe get another test and test with it in the morning with FMU,
That shoulf give you a better result, if it is still BFN leave it a few days and test again,

Fingers crossed for you x x x

has bonny says you should always use your 1st morning urine as the hormones that the pregnancy test detects builds up over night hth

I got a bfn with a clear blue digital and then a bfp with a first response so I think they're very accurate. I would also suggest using fmu as it contains the highest levels of pregnancy hormone x good luck honey x fingers crossed

I have to say they are my favourite test so I do rate them but this doesn't mean you're not pg either :)

I'd retest in a few days if AF doesn't show x

Welcome to the Forum :)

Im in the same boat.... AF was due 2 days ago and I've had 2 BFN with First Response.
Going to wait until Friday to test again if no AF as I have had a 33 day cycle before but that was a month after I came off the pill so I have everything crossed!!
Let me know how you get on xxx

Thanks so much for all the replies. It's great to know your not alone on this long and sometimes frustrating journey!!

I will test again in a couple of days if no af and let you know but since this morning have been having more cramps so have to admit I think that witch af is in the departure lounge - ggrrrrr. Will keep fingers and knees crossed anyway.

Good luck everybody else and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Penny x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back