First midwife appt?

NatEvz

Reaction score
When did everyone make their first appointment to see the midwife?I dont know whether to ring up tomorrow or wait a few weeks?
Any advice appreciated, thanks ladies xxx

I would ring up now. The midwifes where we are were/are booked up for weeks! If I hadn't really pushed it I would have had to wait 4 weeks!! X

My midwife rang me - why don't you wait a little bit and if you don't hear anything give them a ring. I've had my booking appointment today and I'm 5 weeks and 5 days. But I do think I'm lucky. It's horrible waiting though.

I found out I was pg at 3 + 4 and waited til I was 5 weeks but totally up to
u,it doesn't make a lot of difference cos they still won't see u until there specified time 8-10 weeks here,I'm seein mw 2 mrw. Was told to ring gp if I had a problem xc

At our Dr's they dont like you making GP appointments unless absoloutly neccessary. There are signs up saying if you think you are pregnant please make an appointment with the midwife. I think i might ring up tomorrow just to enquire whether this is still the case, as the midwife is only there on a wednesday so like its been said they do get booked up quickly xxx

Well it can't hurt to get inn the queue early, and your'll have a date to work to and get excitedf about.

We have to see a GP first and then can only book midwifes about 2 weeks before 10 weeks for 10 weeks onwards! Always think it is a waste off the GP's valuable time as they don't test, the receptionist could have run me through what the GP does/ says! ha

Doesn't hurt to be early and I think it gives you a little piece of mind too :)

Well I rang up the doctors this morning and instead of making an appointment I had to give the receptionist some details and the midwife will get in touch with me between 8 and 10 weeks to come see us at home :D Im quite happy with that. Hope you are all well ladies xxx

I just got a call from the hospital and they have booked my midwife appointment for the 20th July. I will be 10+5.

Do you take your hubby/partner with you or go alone?

We didn't have a choice, just sent a letter with a date, which is halfway through week 12.

The letter said I will need to spend time alone a the beginning, implying hubby can come for the rest?

It would be very mean of them if they didnt let you include your OH wouldnt it, so i should have thought that they would be allowed to go with you. But i suppose it depends on the health provider xxx

I booked it at 5 weeks for when I was 8 weeks, and struggled to get an appointment at a suitable time, so I would recommend giveing them a ring now and seing what they say. xx

Thanks Mablestar, i rang up this morning and they said midwife would come out to the house to see me between 8-10 weeks, so another 3-5 weeks time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back