First midwife app today!

Sarah13

Reaction score
At last I get to see a midwife today, funny how now I'm nearly in tri 2 and you guys have been the ones answering all my early conerns and worries, so thanks! How long does the app last and what sort of things will she ask me? Will I need to give a urine sample today? I know they will do bloods I'm assuming this will be for diseases? Wonder if I will get a 16 week check, that doesn't seem long away! Things were a bit different 15 years ago when I was last pregnant and I've forgotten most of it so feel like a first time mum again in lots of ways!

Mine took an hour. She asked tons of questions about my health and my hubby and familys health.
I wasn't asked to take a urine sample, but I did and she was able to send it off for testing.
She took blood too, to check my blood group etc. She gave me a big pack of info too.
Hope all goes well x

hi sarah i go for my first midwife appointment next week and have also had a 15 year gap, i dont know what to expect so will be lovely to hear from you when youve been, im told lots have changed in the 15 years x x good luck xx

hi sarah i go for my first midwife appointment next week and have also had a 15 year gap, i dont know what to expect so will be lovely to hear from you when youve been, im told lots have changed in the 15 years x x good luck xx

It's nice there is someone else with a big gap, my daughter is over the moon she won't be an only child anymore, and there's def the bonus of a live in baby sitter! Got my app this afternoon so I'll let you know how it goes.

My appointment went very similar to Twilly... Although they did want the urine sample and gave me a bottle to fill for my 16 week appointment too....

They ask allot of questions about your health in the past and also both yur family health history... As it is so early we did not talk about birthing plans or anything like that. Did talk about hospital choices if you have a choice....

No listenig to heartbeat or feeling of the tummy. She said they do that in the 16 week appointment...

Hope it all goes well for you. :)

That's me back from midwife, lots of questions! She was really nice. I've got low blood pressure though so need to drink more and take things slowly. Not got my next app til 24 weeks! They used to do a 16 week check for downs testing but since I had the nuchal screening that's not needed now. They took bloods and urine as well. Only other thing she said was I'm to keep an eye on is my weight if I lose more I'm to go back as I've lost over a stone from the nausea but as that's starting to improve I'm sure my weight will shoot up soon!

wow not going again till 24 weeks, seems a long time to wait, i used to go once a month then when you get closer to the birth more often!! have you had your scan, or date for it yet, your a couple of weeks ahead of me but i thought i would have appointment by now x x keep in touch x x x

wow not going again till 24 weeks, seems a long time to wait, i used to go once a month then when you get closer to the birth more often!! have you had your scan, or date for it yet, your a couple of weeks ahead of me but i thought i would have appointment by now x x keep in touch x x x

Yeah I'm sure it was every month last time for me too but I lived in England then so could be an area thing too. 24 weeks does seem a lifetime away though! Had my scan on Monday, with the nuchal screening so I've had lots of blood taken this week! Got my 20 week one on 9th June so even have that before next midwife! Guess if your ok and healthy you don't really need to see a midwife, just hope my blood pressure starts to go up so I don't feel faint all the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back