Finley for a girl?

KellyT

Reaction score
I absolutely loved the name Finley for a girl, I know it's very popular for boys at the minute but I've always thought of it as a feminine name
The first Finley I ever heard was in home and away (going back early 90s here people ) 🙈 And Irene Roberts daughter was named Finley Roberts
I checked popularity of the name and in America it's ranked so much higher for girls than boys #162 for girls and #302 for boys... it's more girl in America/Canada etc but I know in the U.K its more boy
I love Andi, Charley, Bobbi etc for girls and we just LOVE Finley 💗
What does everyone think?

I like Finley for either gender tbh. I knew a girl called Finley and I know lots of little boys get called that when it peaks in popularity every few years.
I actually mentioned it as a potential name for our little dude, but OH said it's a girls name and he couldn't get on board with it. I think that it would be a great name either way :)

I'm a big fan of unisex names for girls. I hadn't actually thought of Finley but it's very cute, I think spelt Finley rather than Finlay looks more feminine too! Go for it if you love it xx

It's a nice name and works for a girl, although I am not a massive fan of traditional boys names for girls in general.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back