• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

finger sucking

Doodles

Reaction score
little one has an awful habbit of sucking his fingers, he's been doing this since just after we weaned him off his dummies at around 6months. His finger now has a hard calas on it and cracks and blisters. We've tried puting plasters on it but once the novelty of fun characters wore of he simply started removing them. Someone said about lemon on his fingers but I'm worried that's going to hurt him so reluctant to try it.
Any suggestions please?

Aww poor lil mite :-(
Laylas finger suckin now but i just keep takin then out n replacin em with her dummy, lol
It sounds a bit extreme lemon juice cos its bloody sour, lol but maybe somethin he doensnt like might make him realise he doesnt need them in there, lol

Good luck

X

What about that stuff you paint on nails to stop kids biting them (if they still do it) Lemon juice I would be wary of incase he rubbed his eyes, it would bloody hurt!

Could you put e45 on while he is asleep to help it heal? I think lemon juice would sting x

thanks everyone, yeah that's what I thought with regards to the lemon juice. Hadn't thought of the E45 idea so will deffo try that one, will see if I can find the stuff for kids nails too :D x

Hi there. I never gave my daughter a dummy and she sucked her fingers. She's 5 no and just sucks them when she's asleep. No doubt your nippers fingers are just sore as they arent used to being sucked but it's a comfort thing. He'll grow out of it. I am preggers with my 2nd and was going to give my new one a dummie as I am alone and it will be hard getting everything done but was worried that he would suck his fingers and his teeth wouldn't have a perfect bite. my daughter hasnt a very good bite and i thought it was cos of her finger sucking from birth but the dentist said it has nothing to do with it so i am hoping he will suck his fingers rather than take a dummy and he will grow out of it. I wouldnt worry about it hun. I think it looks really cute (better than thumb sucking). xxx

our dentist has told us we'd have been better off leaving him with a dummy, I think it all depends on who you talk to. One of the main things that worries me is the callas on his finger from him sucking it, his fingers twice the size of his others x

Cam sucks his hands until they are red raw! Nothing I do will stop him but he is a bit younger than your babe. You can get solution to put on their hands to stop them sucking their thumbs/fingers from the chemist. xx

me too . when i see the baby who suck his or her fingers , this will envoke my memory of past . it is really funny.

myu lil man constnatly has his middle 2 fingers in his mouth ....looks like he's doing the rock on sign... ive tried removign them from him moouth everytime but id have to spend 99.9% of my day doin it! might look at the chemist tho! thanks

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 4
Isla does the same! Just to say I sucked my thumb for 10 years and my thumb was HUGE in comparison but it's normal now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back