Thumb Sucking.

xrachx

Reaction score
When do babies start to get control of their hands?? since Glenn was born he hasnt been keen on a dummy infact he isnt interested at all, the only thing he is interested in is his fingers, he has had his thumb in a few times but only by chance, he is swinging his little hand about trying to get his thumb in but it keeps coming out, he is so frustrated it is unreal, when he gets it in he is so settled and content sucking away.
I havent noticed the hand control with my others as they all had dummies so i didnt really take much notice of when they had control also it has been a few years, has anyone else got a baby that sucks their thumb? if so are you concerned about it? and from how many weeks they were they sucking from?

Ellie sucks her thumb. IIRC she started sucking her thumb at about 1month. Before then she just sucked her whole hand. Personally I am not worried about it, as she can settle herself back to sleep etc so easily with her thumb and she doesn't drop it and lose it like she would a dummy.

I agree, i wouldnt be worried at all if he sucks his thumb at least he can settle himself easily.

Isaac still won't take a dummy, and when he started sucking his thumb I was happy because I thought he'd have his own soother now, but he still doesn't use it for soothing very much. I do hope Glenn finds his thumb soon and uses it for soothing xrachx you could still try a dummy now and then, some LO's do take them at a later date, I keep trying, very best wishes :hug: As for being concerned about it, don't be, if LO's going to do it there's little you can do to stop them except put scratch mits on all day or something, which might not be a good thing :hug:

Hi

Just a personal choice this time i didnt give Kadyn a soother and has sucked his two middle fingers from birth ( soo cute) im not worried about it he will grow out of it and i get much more sleep without a soother .
Katrinaxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back