Finger foods yet or not?

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
I've been reading up on finger foods here and find that alot of mums are giving them quite early on. I wonder if I could try Connor as he has been on purees since about 4 months and is always trying to grab our food off our plates and watches us eat with interest. The other reason is because he has four teeth already!!! (two top and two bottom) and perhaps this is also why he's interesting in biting into things. He bites the spoon as soon as I put it in his mouth and wants to suck the spoon himself. Do you think I should try him with something small and safe like a soft bit of banana? I'm just so worried he'll choke!!! Thanks for any advice ladies.

no advice as i haven't started weaning my connor yet but thought i'd say hi cos i was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were getting on cos you'd not been online for a bit! :wave: :wave:

It is very safe.... Arianna only really had purees for a week or so and I went straight on to the BLW.

Start them off on sliced banana, avacado, toast, bread sticks, cucumber (which is also good for teething!) etc

I found banana too sticky for lil miss... not only did she struggle to grab it... but it got stuck more... Her most favourite finger food is apple in the baby feeder and toast soliders.. with cheese spread... :D

Hiya hun :wave: :hug: Hope everything is great with you? I have been missing alot of ladies on here and I haven't been online much at all except to check emails as the weather here in Spain is something ridiculous like 45+ degrees at the moment and so I've been staying at my parents place almost every day where they have a gorgeous pool I can soak in for hours!

Oh thanks Sarah, what I'll do is test him with a slice of banana when hubby gets home later so I'm not alone with him. LOL, I'm such a chicken....... :lol: As for toast is it just dry finger bits with no marg?

I thought banana might have been tad awkward. I could try a piece of apple, if he spits it out though (chances he will) does that mean that I should leave the whole thing for later or just try a different food?

a lot will be spat out but that s normal, they will just be trying the new flavours and textures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back