Finaly got it

caz2008

Reaction score
my son is nearly 7 weeks old and hes got his routine finally he has last feed (hungry baby milk) at 12am and sleeps till 8:45am then rest of time has normal milk...hes alot more settled since he started on hungry milk and his bowl movments have also improved.

i just wondered though he goes to bed at 12am how do u get then to go earlier without the risk of ruining the rutine im going to leave him as he is for a while, but wanna try get him to bed earlier..i like the fact that i get 8 hours sleep not broken..and i guess im been greedy wanting more lol..

Its exceptionally rare for 6 week old babies to sleep long periods of time without feeding. They need to feed often as their tummies are so small. The norm is for them to wake a few times in the night.

Do you want your LO to sleep for longer than 8 hours or just go to bed earlier? Even if you put him to bed earlier he will still probably wake for a feed as his tummy's just not big enough to hold enough milk to go 12 hours... :( Technically babies tummies aren't really big enough to go 12+ hours until they are around 6 months old.

Lil miss wasn't and never has been a sleeper theres far too much stuff going on in the world to waste time on sleep in her book :lol: :lol: :lol: As you have been blessed with a baby who sleeps a lot, I'd not rock the boat... :lol: :rotfl:

your wanting 8 hours sleep and more! Your not asking much of a 7 week old baby :rotfl: I dont agree with giving hungry baby milk to help baby along with sleeping longer especially at such a young age when they do feed so often, im afraid that comes part and parcel.

Ruby is nearly 14 months and has NEVER slept through the night and still wants a feed in the night and at some points she has woken 7or 8 times :wink:

i didnt give him hungry milk to get him to sleep longer he was wanting more milk after 6oz but he was been sick all the time after it i tried feeding him less more ofen but he just rived at his hands all the time n still was sick,... now he has hungry milk for last feed only and hes not been sick anymore and alot happier in himself... i dont want 8hours and more lol i would like him to settle in cot at about 9pm then wake at 12am for last feed then do what he's doing.. its made me sound horrible has that post lol.. but i ment i would like him to settle down earlier in his cot not trying to starv the poor thing

If you did try and bring bed time forward...You do risk upsetting the lovely nighttime you've got atm... I'd be too afraid to risk that :lol: We won't be going out at New Years because lil miss is in a lovely routine and being as shes an active baby... I won't be risking that :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edit to say you could try starting the bed time routine half an hour earlier each night... see if you can bring it forward, but he might just start bringing wake up time forward. :?

Its sooo difficult trying to get the right balance heh? Im still trying to figure out when the best time to put Ruby down as it changes week to week depending on her moods. When I think Ive cracked it then something else comes along like a new tooth to disturb the routine :roll:

Would you like to swap for a week :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back